For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_01

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING

held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 8 January 2018

at 7.30 pm

 

Minutes of Meeting

Attendees:         Amy Plenderleith

Russell Pollard

Jon Watson

Charles Cuddington

Margaret Cuddington

Simon Brundish

Rachel Wallace

Beccy Salmon

Public:                   Steve Cooper

Continue reading

For a PDF version of the agenda click here: Agenda_2018_01

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP

AGENDA

FOR MEETING TO BE

held at Village Hall, Hilton on

Monday 8 January 2018

at 7.30pm

 

  1. Apologies for Absence                                                                                 Peter Williams

 

  1. Declaration of Members Interest

 

  1. Public Speaking

At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda.

 

  1. Outstanding actions from last meeting –
  2. Reports from the 3 Working Groups:

Stakeholders – update on leaflet delivery, posters etc.

Communications –

Vision –

  1. Neighbourhood Plan designated area status
  2. Launch meeting status
  3. Grant application status
  4. Lower Dove Valley Community contact required
  5. Planning Design contact required
  6. Resolution to exclude members of the public
  7. Launch presentation review
  8. Date, time and place of next meeting

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2017_12

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING

held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 11 December 2017

at 7.30 pm

 

Minutes of Meeting

Attendees:         Amy Plenderleith

Russell Pollard

Jon Watson

Charles Cuddington

Margaret Cuddington

Simon Brundish

No members of the public

 

  1. Apologies: Peter Williams

 

  1. Declaration of Members interest –              None

 

  1. Public Speaking –              No members of the                                                                                                                                                                                       public present.

(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of    the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda).

  1. Outstanding actions from last meeting:

Charles contacted Neil Bennett regarding the Travel Survey. This is potentially in the second half of March 2018. We discussed locations of monitoring equipment entering and leaving the village.

 

  1. Working Group Reports

Stakeholders

Russell had expanded the stakeholder list and members of the team have been allocated to be contacts.

Communications

Charles had contacted the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. Given their role in the Gravel Pits, they are willing to become a stakeholder in the Neighbourhood Plan process.

The flyers were delivered today together with the invoice.  Margaret gave each team member a copy, while we discussed how many A4 size we required.  We thought perhaps 30 would be a good number as some businesses would not want to display a large poster. Margaret will chase Fiona again on the price for A4.

Margaret will deliver (or hand over at our next meeting) a pile of flyers for each team member.

Launch Meeting booking at the school needs to be finalised by the end of term i.e. settle the invoice.

Arrange a date after Xmas to visit the small hall, look at equipment available, etc.

Simon will talk to the school about use of a non-school laptop.

Amy suggested perhaps having tea and coffee available – Margaret will ask at the school.

Vision

Nothing to report

 

6              It was agreed that the new extension of Nestle resided in the area of Hoon and therefore should be approached as a potential stakeholder.  This was clearly shown on the latest map of the area we are covering.

 

  1. It was agreed that the Launch Meeting will have a working group made up of all the members of the Steering Group. We will have a working group meeting to go through the presentation for the Launch Meeting before Christmas.

So it can be worked on prior to our next full meeting on 8 January 2018.

 

  1. It was agreed Charles should submit the Grant Application.

 

  1. Lower Dove Valley Community – it was agreed they should be part of the conversation.

 

  1. Planning Design – a consultancy group. It was decided to talk to them after the Launch Meeting, when we know what interest there is in joining us and what individuals can bring to the table.

 

The meeting closed at 9pm.

The next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Monday 8th January at Hilton Village Hall.

For a PDF version of the agenda click here: Agenda_2017_12

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP

AGENDA

FOR MEETING TO BE

held at Village Hall, Hilton on

Monday 11 December 2017

at 7.30pm

 

  1. Apologies for Absence Peter Williams

 

  1. Declaration of Members Interest

 

  1. Public Speaking

At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda.

 

  1. Outstanding actions from last meeting –

 

  1. Reports from the 3 Working Groups:

Stakeholders

Communications –

Vision –

 

  1. Decision on area of Neighbourhood Plan

– Input from Ian Hey including map of the precise area

  1. Launch meeting status and actions
  2. Budget estimate and grant application
  3. Lower Dove Valley Community
  4. Planning Design
  5. Date, time and place of next meeting

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2017_11

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING

held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 13 November 2017

at 7.30 pm

 

Minutes of Meeting

Attendees:         Amy Plenderleith

Russell Pollard

Jon Watson

Charles Cuddington

Margaret Cuddington

Peter Williams

Simon Brundish

No members of the public

 

  1. Apologies: Jon Topham

 

  1. Declaration of Members interest –              None

 

  1. Public Speaking –              None

(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available     for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter  already on the agenda).

  1. Outstanding actions from last meeting:

Sir Henry Every (and Miles Nesbitt) of Egginton Parish Council had attended our last meeting to understand what was entailed in setting up a Neighbourhood Plan.  They had thought that perhaps they could join with Hilton in this venture but decided in retrospect that their needs and requirements differed from ours. But, would perhaps collaborate with us in the future on certain projects which affected both villages.

 

 

  1. Working Group Reports

Stakeholders

Have produced a list of many, and various, stakeholders in Hilton, comprising of utilities,  communities and heritage groups.  It was felt important that these groups are introduced by means of our Launch Flyer, to the vision of the Steering Group “Your Village, Your Voice” and invited to our Launch Meeting to perhaps give us ideas on what businesses or community groups expect from the village.

Communications

Jon Watson has produced a final draft of the Flyer which has been accepted by the Steering Group and will be sent for printing before the end of the month.  The Flyer will be inserted in the Hilton Directory for the January 2018 delivery.  Various “stakeholders” will be approached to hold copies of the Flyer, and indeed have a Poster on their premises.  It has also been suggested that we ask the School to e-mail it to their “parents” and put it in the children’s school bags.

Vision

The vision statement for the village:    We want to make YOUR Village a place where we can put down roots through YOUR Voice, making the infrastructure, services and amenities reflect the needs of our community.

This gives us guide lines to be followed during the “presentation” at the Launch Meeting on 24 January 2018.

We are hoping all attendees at the Launch will feel able to interact and tell us what they expect from the village in the future.

  1. The decision was made at the meeting regarding the area of the Neighbourhood Plan and it was agreed that it would be Hilton, Marston and Hoon. Charles took the action to formally notify SDDC of this action so they can formally designate the area of our Neighbourhood Plan.
  2. It was agreed that the Launch Meeting will be on Wednesday 24 January 2018, at Hilton School, at 7pm until 9pm, and anyone who is interested is invited to come along. Charles will invite Ian Hey to attend in his role as Community Partnership Officer.
  3. Budget application.

Peter Williams has resigned from his role as Treasurer, so Charles Cuddington has taken on this task and will be making a budget application.

  1. Trent Valley Landscape Partnership.

They have acknowledged our interest in engaging with them as a Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group and that we will be in touch with them after the formal launch.

  1. Charles Cuddington is in contact with Niell Bennett regarding a bespoke travel survey for Hilton.

The meeting closed at 9pm.

The next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Monday 11th December at Hilton Village Hall.

For a PDF version of the agenda click here: Agenda_2017_11

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP

 

AGENDA

FOR MEETING TO BE

held at Village Hall, Hilton on

Monday 13 November 2017

at 7.30pm

 

  1. Apologies for Absence
  2. Declaration of Members Interest
  3. Public Speaking

At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda.

  1. Outstanding actions from last meeting –
  2. Reports from the 3 Working Groups:

Stakeholders

Communications

Vision

  1. Decision on area of Neighbourhood Plan
  2. Decision on Launch Meeting date
  3. Budget application
  4. Trent Valley Landscape Partnership
  5. Date, time and place of next meeting

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2017_10

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING

held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 9 October 2017

at 7.30 pm

 

Minutes of Meeting

Attendees:         Amy Plenderleith

Russell Pollard

Charles Cuddington

Margaret Cuddington

Peter Williams

Jon Topham

Simon Brundish

Sir Henry Every and Miles Nesbitt of Egginton Parish Council

Two members of the public

 

  1. Apologies: Jon Watson
  2. Declaration of Members interest –              None
  3. Public Speaking

Explanation of our last meeting to the visitors from Egginton.

  1. Ratification of

4.1          Election of Amy Plenderleith as Chairman                                             –              Passed

4.2          Previous election of officers of the Steering Group                          –              Passed

4.3          Previous decisions made and minuted at the meetings of

14 August 2017 and 14 September 2017.                                                –              Passed

Continue reading

For a PDF version of the agenda click here: Agenda_2017_10

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP

 

AGENDA

FOR MEETING TO BE

held at Village Hall, Hilton on

Monday 9 October 2017

at 7.30pm

 

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

 

  1. Declaration of Members Interest

 

  1. Public Speaking

At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda.

 

  1. Ratification of:

4.1 Election of Amy Plenderleith as Chairman

4.2 Previous election of officers of the Steering Group

4.3 Previous decisions made and minuted at the meetings of 14th August 2017 and                  14th September 2017

Continue reading