For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_06
Hilton Parish Council
PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR
Tel: Office 01283 730969
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 27TH JUNE 2018 AT HILTON VILLAGE HALL COMMENCING AT 7PM
Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)
Cllr Hudson, Cllr Darlington, Cllr Cuddington Cllr Campion and Cllr Johnson Beale
2 District Council Representatives, 1 County Council Representative and 7 Members of the Public attended the meeting.
- Minute Number 2227/18 – To receive apologies for absence
Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follows:
- Cllr Hall due to childcare issues
- Cllr Smith due to annual leave
- Cllr Cuddington reported that he would be late but would be in attendance at the meeting later.
- Minute Number 2228/18 – Variation of the Order of Business
There were no Variations to the Order of Business.
- Minute Number 2229/18 – Declaration of Members’ Interests.
There were no Declarations of Members Interests.
- Minute Number 2230/18 – Public Speaking.
Minute Number 2230/18/A – Public Speaking
Members of the public raise the following matters:
- There were 2 people for co-option at the last meeting but there is no mention of the other person in the minutes. The Clerk replied that only the resolution is in the minutes. Cllr Hudson asked why this was an issue, the resident replied they are not a true record. The Chair explained that the minutes are the minutes of the Clerk and are not verbatim.
- The hedges are overgrowing the footpath, passed the bus shelter by the pub on Egginton Road. Cllr Hudson and Cllr Johnson-Beale replied that the new owners probably did not know that this was their responsibility, they offered to speak to the owners.
- The purchase of copier paper and stamps is on the agenda for approval, why. The Clerk replied that we are doing a lot more printing and copying.
- Engagement has come a long way and that’s good but we need to be engaging and working with other groups to get the community working together. The Chair thanked the resident for his comments.