For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_09

Hilton Parish Council

PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR

Tel: Office 01283 730969

Email: clerk@hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

Website: www.hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

 

MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2018 AT HILTON VILLAGE HALL COMMENCING AT 7PM

 

Present:

 

Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)

Cllr Hudson, Cllr Smith, Cllr Darlington, Cllr Cuddington, Cllr Johnson Beale and Cllr Campion

 

2 District Council Representatives, 1 County Council Representative and 11 Members of the Public attended the meeting.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. Minute Number 2772/18 – To receive apologies for absence

 

There were no apologies for absence.

 

  1. Minute Number 2773/18 – Variation of the Order of Business

 

There were no Variations of the Order of Business.

 

  1. Minute Number 2774/18 – Declaration of Members’ Interests.

 

Resolved: Cllr Campion and Cllr Johnson-Beale declared a Personal Interest in Finance, cheque number 003343 for the PTFA Plant Sale.

 

  1. Minute Number 2775/18 – Public Speaking.

Continue reading

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_10

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
STEERING GROUP MEETING
held at Hilton Village Hall on
Monday 8 October 2018
at 7.30pm
Attendees: Charles Cuddington Margaret Cuddington
Russell Pollard Beccy Salmon
Public: None
Apologies: Rachel Wallace, Jon Topham, Amy Plenderleith, Sian Davies
We were not quorate so the meeting had to be closed.
The next meeting will be on Monday 12 November at 7.30pm, at Hilton Village Hall.

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_09ENG

 

Hilton Parish Council

PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR

Tel: Office 01283 730969

Email: clerk@hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

Website: www.hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

MINUTES OF THE HILTON PARISH COUNCIL COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2018 AT THE HILTON PARISH COUNCIL OFFICE COMMENCING AT 7PM

 

Present:

 

Cllr Johnson-Beale (in the chair)

Cllr Darlington, Cllr Campion and Cllr Hudson

 

There were 4 Members of the Public in attendance at the meeting.

 

 

AGENDA

 

  1. Minute Number CEC/01/18 – Election of Chairperson

 

Resolved: Cllr Johnson Beale was elected as Chairperson to the Engagement Committee.

 

  1. Minute Number CEC/02/18 – To receive apologies for absence

 

Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follows:

  • Cllr Hudson was running late

 

  1. Minute Number CEC/03/18 – Variation of the Order of Business

  Continue reading

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_09

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING

held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 10 September 2018

at 7.30pm

Attendees:

Amy Plenderleith                                              Sian Davies

Charles Cuddington                                         Margaret Cuddington

Russell Pollard                                                   Beccy Salmon

 

Public:                   None

  1. Apologies: Rachel Wallace, Jon Topham, Peter Williams
  2. Declaration of Members interest Sian Davies is also on Village Hall Com.
  3. Public Speaking –               None

(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available        for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter       already on the agenda).

  1. Minutes of the last meeting on 13 August 2018 approved.
  2. The Presentation, on Monday 3 September, to the Survey “winners” was well attended, and many thanks to Rachel for providing the delicious cake.
  3. Working Groups Feedback.

Unfortunately because of constraints of school holidays, personal work issues, etc. not all Working Groups were in a position to give the meeting their feedback

The Housing Working Group have made some headway but analysing the results in the spreadsheet is probably best done by one person.

It was agreed that Charles would circulate the early ‘lessons learned’.

A volunteer (Howard Bott – Analyst) has offered his help to any of the Groups.  We are accepting his offer, as his expertise will be very helpful in producing the necessary spread sheets.

  1. Engagement Working Group have circulated “Thank you leaflets” to various village groups for those who do not have access to IT equipment, it also addresses the “next steps” which will be taken, going forward. Responding to e-mailers re suggestions. An article will appear in next month’s Dove Life magazine.
  2. Traffic Survey results have now arrived. Teasing out the data the Transport Working Group needs as well as the SG will require some effort. DCC have been asked some clarifying questions with some more to come. Feedback will be given at the next meeting.
  3. Status of AECOM work. The research questions on the Housing Needs Assessment have been agreed.  Depending on the outcome of the Housing Needs Assessment, site allocation and engaging with landowners (via SDDC) may have to be revisited.
  4. John Port/Youth Group action.  Charles talked to Sandra again. The Committee feels the Youth Group is not the correct forum to address this sort of thing as we discovered with the initial stage of the survey. The problem with John Port is because their catchment is so widespread that they can’t be seen to favour one village over another. Although Hilton is still one of their biggest feeders schools/villages anyway.

Tom Ephgrave, Secretary of HYG and former 6th form student has offered to get in touch with some members of staff at John Port. He does think it would be something for the student council to jump into because it is made up of the sort of young people that would give their time to do this sort of thing.

It was suggested that a generic survey could be run at John Port. The results could be accessed by any of the areas/villages served by John Port enabling Hilton, Marston and Hoon to use the survey results pertinent to them.

  1. The meeting agreed not to use Planning Design as they were conflicted with the Developers. We will use SDDC after analysis of the Survey.
  2. Budget Update – SDDC have still not produced the Grant (approach Ian Hey?). Perhaps it needs a “formal Draw Down” from the Government.
  3. Joe Dugdale is being postponed until November – he will NOT be at the October meeting.
  4. The Working Groups need to have drafts ready for the next meeting, pie charts, etc. –

 

The next meeting will be on Monday 8  October 2018 at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.

 

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_08PH

 

Hilton Parish Council

PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR

Tel: Office 01283 730969

Email: clerk@hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

Website: www.hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

MINUTES OF THE HILTON PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING AND HIGHWAYS COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 22ND AUGUST 2018 AT THE HILTON PARISH COUNCIL OFFICE COMMENCING AT 7PM

 

Present:

 

Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)

Cllr Smith

 

There were no Members of the Public present at the meeting.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. Minute Number P&H/001/18/ – To receive apologies for absence

 

Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follows:

  • Cllr Johnson-Beale due to illness.

 

  1. Minute Number P&H/002/18 – Variation of the Order of Business

 

Resolved: To move The Date of the Next Meeting to item 8.

Resolved: To add an item at 7, to approve the full Terms of Reference of the Planning and Highways Committee.

 

  1. Minute Number P&H/003/18 – Declaration of Members’ Interests.

 

There were no Declarations of Members Interests.

  Continue reading

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_07

Hilton Parish Council

PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR

Tel: Office 01283 730969

Email: clerk@hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

Website: www.hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 25TH JULY 2018 AT HILTON VILLAGE HALL COMMENCING AT 7PM

 

Present:

 

Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)

Cllr Smith, Cllr Darlington, Cllr Cuddington and Cllr Johnson Beale

 

2 District Council Representatives, 1 County Council Representative and 6 Members of the Public attended the meeting.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. Minutes Number 2250/18 – To receive apologies for absence

 

Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follows:

  • Cllr Campion due to illness
  • Cllr Hudson due to childcare issues
  • Cllr Smith reported that he would be late but would be in attendance at the meeting around 7.30pm.

 

  1. Minute Number 2251/18 – Co-option of a Councillor

 

The Clerk reported that there were no Co-option of Councillors at this time.

 

  1. Minute Number 2252/18 – Variation of the Order of Business

 

There were no Variations to the Order of Business.

  Continue reading

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_06

Hilton Parish Council

PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR

Tel: Office 01283 730969

Email: clerk@hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

Website: www.hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

 

MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 27TH JUNE 2018 AT HILTON VILLAGE HALL COMMENCING AT 7PM

 

Present:

 

Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)

Cllr Hudson, Cllr Darlington, Cllr Cuddington Cllr Campion and Cllr Johnson Beale

 

2 District Council Representatives, 1 County Council Representative and 7 Members of the Public attended the meeting.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. Minute Number 2227/18 – To receive apologies for absence

 

Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follows:

  • Cllr Hall due to childcare issues
  • Cllr Smith due to annual leave
  • Cllr Cuddington reported that he would be late but would be in attendance at the meeting later.

 

Cllr billings

 

  1. Minute Number 2228/18 – Variation of the Order of Business

 

There were no Variations to the Order of Business.

 

  1. Minute Number 2229/18 – Declaration of Members’ Interests.

 

There were no Declarations of Members Interests.

 

  1. Minute Number 2230/18 – Public Speaking.

 

Minute Number 2230/18/A – Public Speaking

 

Members of the public raise the following matters:

  • There were 2 people for co-option at the last meeting but there is no mention of the other person in the minutes. The Clerk replied that only the resolution is in the minutes. Cllr Hudson asked why this was an issue, the resident replied they are not a true record. The Chair explained that the minutes are the minutes of the Clerk and are not verbatim.
  • The hedges are overgrowing the footpath, passed the bus shelter by the pub on Egginton Road. Cllr Hudson and Cllr Johnson-Beale replied that the new owners probably did not know that this was their responsibility, they offered to speak to the owners.
  • The purchase of copier paper and stamps is on the agenda for approval, why. The Clerk replied that we are doing a lot more printing and copying.
  • Engagement has come a long way and that’s good but we need to be engaging and working with other groups to get the community working together. The Chair thanked the resident for his comments.

Continue reading

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_07

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING

held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 9 July 2018

at 7.30pm

Attendees:

Amy Plenderleith

Charles Cuddington

Peter Williams

Margaret  Cuddington

Public:                   None

  1. Apologies: Russell Pollard                   Jon Topham

Rachel Archer                    Beccy Salmon

Sian Davies                          Simon Brundish

 

  1. Declaration of Members interest –               None
  2. Public Speaking –               None

(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda).

  1. Minutes of the last meeting on 25 June 2018 approved.
  2. Party in the Park – Saturday 7 July

Neighbourhood Steering Group Stand was well received (photo attached).  With thanks to Rachel for the use of her gazebo, the shade was very welcome on Saturday afternoon.  Charles prepared a board explaining what and where the green spaces are in the village which prompted some interest. Most people who stopped to chat about the Neighbourhood Plan had already filled out the questionnaire.  A few people took away the “website card” or a printed copy of the questionnaire.  We have had a couple banners printed to place around the village to remind people to fill out their questionnaire.

  1. Youth Club and John Port survey exercise.

It is planned for the Youth Club members to have an opportunity on Thursday 12 July to have a short presentation followed by the Questionnaire.

  • Charles & Sandra

We have yet to find a contact at John Port who will be able to pull this project together to enable the children to take part.

                When the Neighbourhood Plan is completed it was agreed that we would create an Appendix of the children’s comments.   As the exercise was very well received by the children and as they are our next generation in the village it is important we listen to what they have to say.

Peter has volunteered to revise the “Hilton” potted history provided by the History Group, and incorporate some modern “history” so it will mesh in with today’s view of the village(s).

  1. Questionnaire Group Feedback

At the last count (Mon  9 July) we had 651 returns.

We agreed to update the programme to end the survey on 31 July 2018.

  1. Grant money was received on Tuesday 3 July 2018.

NB          Still no sign of SDDC money

  1. Traffic Survey status

We should get the feedback by mid  August, for discussion at the September meeting.

  1. Budget – no change
  2. Updated program – extended to end July (see 7 above)
  3. Outstanding Action: Engagement strategy.
  4. Projected build of a “gas station” at Hoon. The impact on Hatton and Marston.

–               Amy has a list of questions in this regard.

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.30 pm.

 

The next meeting will be on Monday 13 August 2018 at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_06

NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING

held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 25 June 2018

at 7.30pm

Attendees:

Amy Plenderleith

Charles Cuddington

Rachel Wallace

Margaret  Cuddington

Public:                   None

  1. Apologies: Russell Pollard

Jon Topham

Peter Wiliams

Beccy Salmon

  1. Declaration of Members interest –               None
  2. Public Speaking –               None

(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available        for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter       already on the agenda).

  1. Minutes of the last meeting on 14 May approved.
  2. Party in the Park – Saturday 7 July – was discussed at length.

Thank you for organising the “stand” for us Peter.

It would be good if we could have some volunteers to “man our stand” even if only for half an hour, or so, to give people a break.   Anyone out of the “working groups” would be most welcome to join too, even interested parties who understand what we are trying to do for the local villages.

We are hoping to get some banners printed, both for the stand at PITP and around the village as reminders to fill out the questionnaire.   We will have a few copies of the questionnaire on the Stand for people to fill out there and then, if they wish.  Although we are encouraging responses on line if possible.  The “web page” to be “advertised” more rigorously.  There will be a “drop box” available, too.

If people have any comments to make we will be providing a flip chart, note pads, etc, etc.  We will have a “pin board” with a few photos of “green spaces”.  Also a review of the Hilton School  survey, which was very well received by the children.

Rachel has volunteered to lend us a gazebo which may be very useful, if the weather deteriorates.   – It will be delivered to Charles prior to the day.

  1. When the Neighbourhood Plan is completed it was agreed that we would create an Appendix of the children’s comments. As the exercise was very well received by the children and as they are our next generation in the village it is important we listen to what they have to say.
  2. It was suggested that similar exercise is held with John Port Youth Group (Sandra) in mid-June/early July.

Charles to liaise with Jeanette, Tom & Sandra

  1. Questionnaire Group Feedback

The Royal Mail delivery of the Questionnaire was very poor – Charles has made an official complaint, we await their response.

Sian Davies joined us at this point (following a mtg in the next door room) so was able to give us an update on the questionnaires received on line, and collected by her, from the “drop boxes”.

She was asked if she would like to join the Steering Group and she was happy to join.

Amy proposed her and the rest of the group seconded Sian becoming a member.

  1. Traffic Survey status

The equipment appears to have been put in place for the survey to take place on Tuesday 26 June 2018.  We await the results.

  1. The feedback from the SDDC meeting was good. They seemed particularly interested in the retention of the “green spaces”.
  2. Accept Rural Action Derbyshire quote.

Invite Jo Dugdale to our next meeting – Charles to contact.

Planning Design to be chased again for a quote that satisfies Locality’s requirements –

Action Amy

  1. Outstanding Action: Update Program – Russell on vacation
  2. Outstanding Action: Engagement strategy.

 

Meeting closed at 9.00pm.

 

The next meeting will be on Monday 9 July 2018 at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.

For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_05

Hilton Parish Council

PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR

Tel: Office 01283 730969

Email: clerk@hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

Website: www.hiltonparishcouncil.org.uk

MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 30TH MAY 2018 AT HILTON VILLAGE HALL COMMENCING AT 7PM

 

Present:

 

Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)

Cllr Darlington, Cllr Hudson, Cllr Smith, Cllr Hall, Cllr Brundish and Cllr Campion

 

1 District Council Representatives and 11 Members of the Public attended the meeting.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. Minute Number 2198/18 – Election of the Chairperson for the year 2018/2019, the completion of the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and any amendments to the Register of Members Interests

 

Resolved: That Cllr Steve Cooper was elected as Chairperson to Hilton Parish Council for the ensuing year.  (Cllr Cooper thereupon occupied the Chair)

Resolved: In accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 Cllr Cooper read and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office before the Clerk, he had no amendments to make to his Register of Members Interests.

 

  1. Minute Number 2199/18 – Election of the Vice Chairperson for the year 2018/2019, the completion of the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and any amendments to the Register of Members Interests

 

Resolved: That Cllr Rebecca Hudson was elected as Vice Chairperson to Hilton Parish Council for the ensuing year.

Resolved: In accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 Cllr R Hudson signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office before the Clerk, she had no amendments to make to her Register of Members Interests.

 

  1. Minute Number 2200/18 – To receive apologies for absence

 

Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follows:

  • Cllr Cuddington due to annual leave

  Continue reading