For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2017_11
STEERING GROUP MEETING
held at Hilton Village Hall on
Monday 13 November 2017
at 7.30 pm
Minutes of Meeting
Attendees: Amy Plenderleith
No members of the public
- Apologies: Jon Topham
- Declaration of Members interest – None
- Public Speaking – None
(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda).
- Outstanding actions from last meeting:
Sir Henry Every (and Miles Nesbitt) of Egginton Parish Council had attended our last meeting to understand what was entailed in setting up a Neighbourhood Plan. They had thought that perhaps they could join with Hilton in this venture but decided in retrospect that their needs and requirements differed from ours. But, would perhaps collaborate with us in the future on certain projects which affected both villages.
- Working Group Reports
Have produced a list of many, and various, stakeholders in Hilton, comprising of utilities, communities and heritage groups. It was felt important that these groups are introduced by means of our Launch Flyer, to the vision of the Steering Group “Your Village, Your Voice” and invited to our Launch Meeting to perhaps give us ideas on what businesses or community groups expect from the village.
Jon Watson has produced a final draft of the Flyer which has been accepted by the Steering Group and will be sent for printing before the end of the month. The Flyer will be inserted in the Hilton Directory for the January 2018 delivery. Various “stakeholders” will be approached to hold copies of the Flyer, and indeed have a Poster on their premises. It has also been suggested that we ask the School to e-mail it to their “parents” and put it in the children’s school bags.
The vision statement for the village: We want to make YOUR Village a place where we can put down roots through YOUR Voice, making the infrastructure, services and amenities reflect the needs of our community.
This gives us guide lines to be followed during the “presentation” at the Launch Meeting on 24 January 2018.
We are hoping all attendees at the Launch will feel able to interact and tell us what they expect from the village in the future.
- The decision was made at the meeting regarding the area of the Neighbourhood Plan and it was agreed that it would be Hilton, Marston and Hoon. Charles took the action to formally notify SDDC of this action so they can formally designate the area of our Neighbourhood Plan.
- It was agreed that the Launch Meeting will be on Wednesday 24 January 2018, at Hilton School, at 7pm until 9pm, and anyone who is interested is invited to come along. Charles will invite Ian Hey to attend in his role as Community Partnership Officer.
- Budget application.
Peter Williams has resigned from his role as Treasurer, so Charles Cuddington has taken on this task and will be making a budget application.
- Trent Valley Landscape Partnership.
They have acknowledged our interest in engaging with them as a Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group and that we will be in touch with them after the formal launch.
- Charles Cuddington is in contact with Niell Bennett regarding a bespoke travel survey for Hilton.
The meeting closed at 9pm.
The next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Monday 11th December at Hilton Village Hall.