For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2017_09
Hilton Parish Council
PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR
Tel: Office 01283 730969 – Mobile 0771 9599132
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER 2017 AT HILTON VILLAGE HALL COMMENCING AT 7PM
Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)
Cllr C Smith, Cllr M Smith, Cllr Brundish and Cllr Cuddington
3 District Council Representative, 1 County Council Representative, and 7 Members of the Public attended the meeting.
- Minute Number 2043/17 – To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted as follows:
- Cllr Darlington due to illness
- Minute Number 2044/17 – Variation of the Order of Business
There were no Variations to the Order of Business.
- Minute Number 2045/17 – Declaration of Members’ Interests.
There were no Declarations of Members Interests.
- Minute Number 2046/17 – Public Speaking.
Minute Number 2046/17/A – Public Speaking
Members of the Public raised the following matters:
- Suzanne Campion asked the Parish Council if they could save money by not having a Royal Mail P O Box address now there was a fixed building. She also asked the Council what the value was before 3 quotes or Tenders were required. The Clerk replied that in the Standing Orders off the top of her head she thought this was £25k before the tender process kicked in. The Parish Council would look at the possibility of not having a P O Box number.
- Andrew Brooks representing The Mease Management Committee explained that he had written a letter to the Parish Council on their future for the facility. This was not a wish list and did not necessarily mean that they would complete everything listed, however as the adult team gets more and more successful the FA require different things for the facility for the team to be able to progress through the leagues. He wanted to understand what was realistic and what was not in relation to the items listed in the letter.
Minute Number 2046/17/B – Police Representatives Report