For a PDF version of this Report click here: Police Report 1211
Northwest Area Safer Neighbourhoods Team
Safer Neighbourhoods information and update:
Safer Neighbourhoods are all about you having a dedicated local team making your area safer, cleaner and a more pleasant place to live. It may be you are fed up with anti-social and nuisance behaviour, for example. Or perhaps you have concerns about graffiti or vandalism? Whatever the problem, Safer Neighbourhoods give you the opportunity to set the agenda in your area and help implement lasting solutions.
At our last Safer Neighbourhood Meeting, on Wednesday 10th October 2012, we had no priorities / issues raised by members of the public for the local area. However, we continue to work towards reducing anti social behaviour with our ongoing Operation Pinamar Patrols.
Your next Safer Neighbourhood Meeting for the Northwest Area is:-
January 2013, date to be confirmed
Safer Neighbourhood meetings give you as members of the community an opportunity to set the agenda in your area and help implement lasting solutions.
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team Update:-
Parking at Old station close, Etwall
We have received Parking complaints relating to Old station close Etwall. If you do park on here at school drop of and collection times, please park considerately taking care not to cause any obstruction. The team have been placing advisory leaflets on vehicles parked inconsiderately and any found causing an obstruction will now be dealt with pro- actively in a hope to solve the situation.
Please note that the school car park on Hilton road Etwall can be used whilst collecting your children.
Please note the following Highway Code advice when parking in general:-
- Do NOT stop or park anywhere you would prevent access for emergency services.
- Opposite or within 10 meters (32ft) of a junction
- In front of an entrance to a property
- Where the kerb has been lowered to help wheel chair / powered mobility users.
- You MUST not leave you vehicle in a dangerous position or where it causes UN necessary obstruction of the road.
By following the above information and guide lines removes the chance of you causing any obstructions and helps towards making roads a safer place.
Good news update from your team:-
- A scooter/rider was checked after being seen riding with no lights on and carrying a pillion passenger; on Scropton road Hatton by the team. The driver was arrested after providing a positive breath test at the roadside and charged with driving a motor vehicle without insurance, carrying a passenger and not having a licence. The involved person was also put before court for breach of curfew. The owner of the bike was reported to court for offences of allowing the youth to use the bike.
- In response to a call from a concerned member of the public, the team stop checked a door to door sales man on Foss road Hilton. Checks revealed that the male was wanted by police and was subsequently arrested for breach of court order.
- An arrest was made on suspicion of causing criminal damage to a vehicle in Hilton; enquiries were conducted which resulted in the suspect being released without charge.
- An arrest was made on suspicion of causing damage to a dwelling property in Hilton; Enquiries are on going.
- An arrest was made in connection with a theft from Sutton on the Hill and several thefts and burglaries in the area ofSouth Derbyshire, enquiries on going.
- A number of arrests were made in connection with a series of theft offences in the locality and throughoutSouth Derbyshire. The crimes include thefts of catalytic convertors. The suspects have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- Operation Pastrana was in place on the run up to Halloween and through to Bonfire night. The operation involved local Safer Neighbourhood Teams liaising with local shops in relation to selling fireworks and also encouraging shops not to sell eggs to 16yr olds and under during this period. Posters were given out for shops to display, and dedicated patrols throughout the period. The team was on duty on Halloween and we were very pleased with the night’s events, only 1 call was received to us throughout our area!
- At our last safer neighbourhood meeting, we were asked to patrol Green Lane Burnaston in relation to drug use. During these patrols a vehicle and 2 occupants were searched and drug paraphernalia seized.
The team would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Please remember to remove any items of value; i.e.:- Christmas presents from your vehicles over the run up to the festive period to prevent thefts occurring.
For your local crime figures please visit www.police.uk
Would you like to receive information about what’s going on in your local area? If so, Derbyshire Alert is the community messaging system for the whole of Derbyshire, brought to you by Derbyshire Constabulary. By registering with Derbyshire Alert, you can receive news and appeals, local crime information, and prevention advice to your e-mail, telephone or as a text message.
Registering with this site is completely free, and not only allows you to receive messages about your local area, but also allows you to feed back information to your local policing teams to help them better police your neighbourhood. To register please visit www.derbyshirealert.co.uk
For further information on your area please visit www.derbyshire.police.uk
You can also follow Derbyshire police on twitter @derbyspolice or find us on facebook.com/derbyshireconstabulary
Contact your local beat team:-
In an emergency, always dial 999.
For non-emergencies, dial 101. This operates 24 hours a day.
PC Louise Durham Louise.Durham.14159@Derbyshire.pnn.police.uk
PCSO Kerry Waite; Kerry.Waite.4469@Derbyshire.pnn.police.uk