For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2019_01
Hilton Parish Council
PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR
Tel: Office 01283 730969
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 30TH JANUARY 2018 AT HILTON VILLAGE HALL COMMENCING AT 7PM
Cllr Hudson (in the Chair)
Cllr Darlington, Cllr Pardner, Cllr Smith and Cllr Cuddington
1 District Council Representatives, 1 County Council Representative and 12 Members of the Public attended the meeting.
The Clerk to Hilton Parish Council was recording the meeting for the purpose of the minutes, Cllr Cuddington also stated that he was recording the Meeting.
- Minute Number 3045/19 – To receive apologies for absence
Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follow:
- Cllr Cooper due to other work commitments.
- Cllr Johnson-Beale due to illness.
- Minute Number 3046/19 – Variation of the Order of Business
There were no Variations to the Order of Business.
- Minute Number 3047/19 – Declaration of Members’ Interests.
Resolved: Cllr Darlington declared a personal interest in the Clerk Report, item h) regarding grant applications for 2017/2018.
- Minute Number 3048/19 – Public Speaking.
Minute Number 3048/19/A – Public Speaking
Members of the public raised the following matters:
- VAT on the budget to 31.12.2018, does not including 1st quarter of the year VAT including VAT on The Mease Car Park project, this would cover the shortfall in the budget. Clerk this will be taken into account when the precept is discussed later in the meeting.
- A resident repeated what they had said at the finance meeting held on 23.01.2019 in relation to large increases in the precept in previous years. The Chair replied that the answers were given at the Finance Meeting and the Council had taken the comments on board.
- Communication and Facebook Spotted Hilton were raised, the Chair replied this would be discussed later in the meeting.
- There was a suggestion of the Parish Council having communication boxes outside the Parish Council Office and outside of the School.
- There was a suggestion to have a Parish Council notice Board outside the school and outside the Village Hall.
- Hatton Girls FC asked if their grant application had been received as it was not on the agenda. The Clerk replied that it had been received, all applications would be discussed by the Council in February and awards given in March.
- A resident had spoken to the School and they would consider sending meeting dates out via parent mail.
- The gate quote was quite expensive, gate closers can be purchased quite cheap, there are also gates available a lot cheaper than the quote received, obviously there will be installation. Hope the Council have studied this a bit better and will get value for money.
- An offer from Party on the Park for the Parish Council to have a free stall if they want one.
- Engagement started last year, there has not been a meeting for a while can we have an update. The Chair replied more dates need to be arrange, we will come back to you on this.
- The Notice of do’s and don’ts on the Childrens Play Area at the Village hall site had faded away. The Clerk said she would inform SDDC of this as the signage was there responsibility.
- The Parish Council should use their own Facebook Page.
- The Council are getting a very bad name/press
- The Council should advertise their achievements in the year and how the money is spent.
- Were 3 quotes received for the van insurance. The Clerk replied that she had used compare.com and the current insurer was by far the cheapest. Cheque approved in the December minutes.
- Cheque 003325 which was stated in the agenda/minutes as £479.99 should be £1,237.91. this had been queried with the Clerk and the Clerk had responded stating this was human error. This was a catastrophic failure of internal controls, which involved 3 people, the Clerk and 2 others who sign the cheques. They had not checked the invoice against the authorisation documents. So, the internal audit does not work, what will happen to ensure this does not happen again. This item was on the agenda for discussion later in the meeting under finance.
- Cllr Pardner explained that as a new Councillor he found the meeting held on 19.12.2019 absolutely atrocious due to peoples behaviour. Nobody in the audience had welcomed him to the Parish Council. He hoped that this would never happen again. Thankfully this meeting seemed to be a little better.
Minute Number 3048/19/B – Police Representatives Report
There were no Police Representatives Present at the Meeting and there was nothing to report.
Minute Number 3048/19/C – County Council Representatives Report
Cllr Patten gave her report as follows:
- Cllr Billings had asked her to report the road to nowhere at the back of Foss Road. This area is overgrown, there is lots of rubbish and fence panels have been removed for easy access. A meeting had taken place with St Modwen’s and SDDC were now looking at if this road could be joined up. However, there was another land owner involved which made it a little more difficult to resolve.
- Drains on Uttoxeter Road had now been cleaned out.
- She had attended a meeting with John Port School to discuss the issue of children cycling to school. This was in relation to them being in dark clothes and not being very visible in the dark. She had pledged support from the community fund and would be working with the School, the Police and parents to find a solution.
- She had been on site at the New School on The Mease and they are installing the side panels.
- House sales for St Modwen’s are doing well due to the opening of the new school this year.
- People are still not using the Main Street Recycling Centre properly, if this continues the Recycling Centre will be removed, this is being monitored.
- Good public meeting was held with the neighbourhood Plan. DCC are supportive of reducing the speed limit on Derby Road from 40mph to 30mph but this will be a lengthy process. DCC would be looking at better signage and the extra cushion issue was still being looked at.
The Chair asked about the speed limit on The Mease where the new school would be. Cllr Paten replied that at the moment this area did not currently qualify for a reduction in the speed limit but it could be looked at in the future.
- There next surgery will be held on 16.02.2019 from 11am to 12 noon at the Hilton Brook.
- Cllr Patten and Cllr Billings keep an eye on Spotted Hilton, they had noticed recently some quite offensive language from a Parish Councillor. Councillors can not dip in and out as resident and then as Parish Councillors, social media is a dangerous thing, disappointed with some of the language used by Parish Councillors.
- She reminded people to either call 101 or Crimestoppers if there were incident in the village rather than posting it on Spotted Hilton. The Police do not use Spotted Hilton.
Minute Number 3048/19/D – District Council Representatives Report.
Cllr Billings sent his apologies.
- Minute Number 3049/19 – Chairpersons Report
There was nothing to report.
- Minute Number 3050/19 – To confirm the following minutes:
- Minutes of the monthly Hilton Parish Council Meeting held on 19.12.2018.
The Clerk reported that she had been back over the recording of the last meeting after email conversations with Cllr Cuddington, the Clerk asked that the resolution under Minute Number 3019/18 – Clerk Report, Item e) regarding the Gate at the Village Green be struck off as follows:
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed for the Clerk in the first instance to check with Zurich who had requested a self-close gate in relation to the legalities of it being repaired against replacement as they raised the issue in a report.
The Clerk explained that on going back over the recording no resolutions were actually made only suggestions.
Cllr Cuddington asked if the suggestions would be added to the minutes. The Clerk replied that these were not resolutions.
Resolved: The Minutes of the Hilton Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 19th December 2018, were approved and signed as a true record with the Clerk’s correction above.
- Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 23.01.2019
Resolved: The Minutes of the Hilton Parish Council Finance Committee Meeting held on Wednesday 23rd January 2019, were approved and signed as a true record.
- Minute Number 3051/19 – Clerk’s Reports
- Update on the Village Clock and Approval of the Annual Service Agreement – Previously reported under minute number 2161/18, 2178/18, 2216/18, 2238/18, 2262/18, 2784/18, 2798/18, 3019/18
The Clerk was still awaiting the information from Smiths of Derby.
- Update Memorial Meadow transfer of land or a long-term lease agreement – Previously reported under minute number 2784/18, 2798/18, 3019/18
Cllr Darlington gave her report as follows:
- There had been a bit of activity on the above.
- It was now going to the monthly review meeting at SDDC.
- The Chief Executive at SDDC seemed supportive of the project.
- We were receiving emails asking questions from different people at SDDC that have already been answered.
- Self-close gate cost to replace £1,535.00 ex VAT cheapest quote – Village Green Childrens Play Area on Main Street including the Clerks Report – Previously Reported under minute number 2798/18, 3019/18
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council deferred this matter to the February Parish Council Meeting.
Resolved: Cllr Cuddington to email the Clerk details for Lock-tec.
Resolved: The Clerk to obtain 3 quotes for a self-close mechanism.
- Request from Hilton Cricket Club for Hilton Parish Council to be involved in a series of world cup themed events between 7th and 9th June 2019 to celebrate the Cricket World Cup coming to England to make it a real community event – Previously reported under minute number 3019/18 – Update and PC help required
There was nothing to report.
- Neighbourhood Watch – Neighbourhood Watch in Derbyshire is trying to recruit more quality watches in local communities to assist the Police in their message of crime prevention – They want to expand their membership. Anyone interested in setting up a Neighbourhood Watch should contact email@example.com
Discussion took place on volunteers required, if it was known how many Neighbourhood Watch Areas there were in Hilton and a group in the village that looked into shed breaks
- Hilton Parish Council Facebook Page and Spotted Hilton
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed that no Parish Council information would be posted on Spotted Hilton.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council gave Cllr Hudson delegated authority to post all Parish Council information onto the Parish Council Facebook Page only.
- Offer from St Modwen’s to transfer Meadow Lane to Hilton Parish Council – Clerk Report
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed that they did not wish for Meadow Lane to be transferred into their ownership.
- Grant application given in 2017/2018
- Hilton Dog Walking Group
- Hilton Gardening Club
- The Writers Block
- Party on the Park
- Hilton Village Hall
The Clerk report that she had not received receipts/accounts information for any of the above apart from The Writers Block. The Clerk explained that as per the terms of the Grant this information was required by 31.01.2019. The Clerk asked the Council what they wished to do as new applications had been received for this year relating to some of the above organisations.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council asked the Clerk to contact all recipients of the grants scheme 2017/2018, to provide their receipts/financial information as per the terms and conditions of the grant.
- Minute Number 3052/19 – Planning Matters for Decision
- 9/2018/1392 – 175 WELLAND ROAD HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5NN – PARTIAL GARAGE CONVERSION AND ALTERATIONS TO REAR
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council would like a condition adding by SDDC that the conversion can be converted back to a garage in the future.
- 9/2018/1347 – 108 AVON WAY HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5NA – THE ERECTION OF AN EXTENSION, GATES AND RAILINGS
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council had no objections to the above planning application.
- 9/2019/0024 – 22 BLOOMFIELD CLOSE HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5WA – THE DEMOLITION OF EXISTING GARAGE AND THE ERECTION OF A DETACHED TWO BEDROOM BUNGALOW
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council had no objections to the above planning application.
- 9/2019/0012 – HILTON BUSINESS PARK LAND SOUTH OF THE MEASE LOWMAN WAY HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5JD – THE ERECTION OF AN EXTENSION TO MOTOR VEHICLE STORAGE AREA WITH BOUNDARY FENCING
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council had no objections to the above planning application.
Cllr Cuddington raised the following application that was not on the agenda, he was not aware that this was out of time for comment. He explained that the Planning Committee had not met forever and had only had a couple of meetings.
- 9/2018/1307 – 2 MAIN STREET HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5FF – THE ERECTION OF A FASCIA SIGN ON SIDE ELEVATION.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council were concerned that the sign was very bright. It was not within keeping with the surrounding area and could set a precedence for the future, making the site look like a bit of a jungle directing traffic to the business. In itself the sign was ok but it was the consequence of it and the look of it. They wanted SDDC to look at it relative to the rules on signage
- Minute Number 3053/19 – Neighbourhood Development Planning – Cllr Cuddington
- Minutes of the meeting held on 14.01.2019
The Chair reported that there was queries with the minutes, we will have a look at these and will email the Chair of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group Committee in due course. This is following on from the meeting we had on 07.01.2019.
Cllr Cuddington gave his report as follows:
- We had the meeting with SDDC, it was a very good meeting, gave us lots of feed back on the draft policies.
- We are now in good shape to go back to residents to ask for community feedback. This will be done in a similar way to the first survey. It will be on line with paper copies available.
- Traffic Survey Report
Cllr Cuddington had nothing to report.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed for the Clerk to take this item off the agenda for the time being.
- Minute Number 3054/19 – Reports from Councillors that have attended any other Meetings.
- Minutes of The Mease Management Committee Meeting held on 08.12.2018 – Their next meeting will be on 26.01.2019 at The Mease commencing at 10.30am
The Council had no resolution to make.
- Hilton Village Hall AGM at Hilton Village Hall on 28.01.2019 commencing at 7pm
Cllr Cooper, Cllr Pardner and Cllr Cuddington attended the above meeting. Cllr Pardner reported that the meeting was well run and very polite, it was a nice experience.
- Etwall Area Forum 29.01.2019 at Foston & Scropton Village Hall commencing at 6.30pm
The Council had no resolution to make.
- DCC Parish & Town Liaison Forum, 29.01.2019 at the Members Room, County Hall commencing at 5.45pm to 8pm
The above meeting was cancelled due to the weather.
- Minutes of The Mease Management Committee Meeting held on 26.01.2019
The Council had no resolution to make.
- Minute Number 3055/19 – Derbyshire Association of Local Councils
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council noted the following information.
- DALC Circular 16/2018
- National Salary Award 2019-2020
- Training Courses – 2019
- Spring Seminar 2019
- Christmas & New Year Office Closure
- DALC Circular 01/2019
- INDEX OF MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF 2018 DALC CIRCULAR
- DALC Circular 02/2019
- Updated Legal Topic Notes
- Section 137 expenditure
- Parkrun consultation response
- Clerk Essential Training Course
- NALC – Loneliness Project
- May Council Elections/Training
- Minute Number 3056/19 – Finance
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council approved the following payments.
- Accounts for Payment.
|003385||Gordon Brown Law Firm LLP||Legal Fees||1,200.00|
|003386||Russell Pollard – Expenses||Survey Monkey Subscription – NPSG Committee||140.00|
|003387||Aucuba Landscapes Ltd||Maintenance of Pitch, Village Hall Site, gate replacement||2,006.23|
|003388||Hilton Village Hall||Room Hire||135.18|
|003389||Kompan Ltd||Replacement Climbing Step||60.00|
|003390||Rainbow Waste Management Co Ltd||Waste Collection||183.60|
|003391||Sterilizing Services Ltd||Water Testing Back Lane Pavilion and Office||68.39|
|003392||R Massey & Son Ltd||Combination lock, T roll holder, White Spirit||59.47|
|003393||Viking||Copier Paper, envelopes, bleach, batteries, wall planners||102.22|
|003395||Royal British Legion||Poppy Wreaths& poppy crosses||200.00|
|003396||CJ & M Cuddington – Expenses||QUESTIONNAIRE Printing, Cash Prizes and Advertising – NPSG Committee||2,784.80|
|003397||CJ & M Cuddington – Expenses||Royal Mail Door to Door – NPSG Committee||600.00|
|BACS||Derbyshire County Council||Traffic Survey||3,139.96|
|BACS||Carrbrook Garden Machinery||Annual Service and Repairs of Mowers, strimmer and hedge cutters||538.73|
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council approved the following payments for Salaries, Tax, NIC’s, Expenses and Pensions as follows:
- Payments by BACS for Salaries, Tax, NIC’s, Expenses, Pension – including Chq 003394 for the Inland Revenue
Salaries, Tax NICs, Redundancy, Expenses etc. £7,361.85
NEST Staff Pension £560.62
- Approval of the accounts from 01.04.2018 to 31.12.2018
Current Account 21,757.90
Reserve Account 106,583.37
Less unpresented cheque (6,806.21)
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council approved the draft accounts including a copy of the cash book, income and expenditure, Bank Rec, Bank Statement and actual against budget from 01.04.2018 to 31.12.2018
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council approved the following Other Income from 01.04.2018 to 31.12.2018 as per the cash book.
|1||06/04/2018||001||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||30.00|
|2||06/04/2018||001||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||70.00|
|3||09/04/2018||002||Football Pitch Hire||Hilton Athletic||23.00|
|4||13/04/2018||003||Astro turf Hire||Name Removed||100.00|
|5||13/04/2018||004||Wayleave||Western Power Distribution||8.05|
|6||13/04/2018||005||Contribution towards the Clock||Toyota Manufacturing||500.00|
|7||20/04/2018||006||Football Pitch Hire||KINGS HEAD FC||46.00|
|8||20/04/2018||009||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||156.00|
|9||20/04/2018||008||Football Pitch Hire||Hilton Harriers||12.00|
|10||20/04/2018||007||Astro Turf Hire||Little Stars||60.00|
|11||11/05/2018||010||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||182.00|
|12||11/05/2018||011||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||76.00|
|13||18/05/2018||012||Football Pitch Hire||Hilton Athletic||92.00|
|14||01/06/2018||013||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||130.00|
|15||01/06/2018||014||Football Pitch Hire||AFC HILTON||19.00|
|16||04/06/2018||018||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||100.00|
|17||01/06/2018||017||Football Pitch Hire||Hilton Harriers||12.00|
|18||04/06/2018||016||Astro Turf Hire||Little Stars||68.00|
|19||04/06/2018||019||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||24.00|
|20||04/06/2018||015||Football Pitch Hire||KINGS HEAD FC||154.00|
|21||05/06/2018||020||Plaque, engraved & fitting||Name Removed||75.00|
|22||22/06/2018||021||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||286.00|
|23||18/06/2018||023||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||100.00|
|24||19/06/2018||022||Football Pitch Hire||AFC HILTON||12.00|
|25||02/07/2018||026||Football Pitch Hire||AFC HILTON||36.00|
|26||02/07/2018||024||Football Pitch Hire||KINGS HEAD FC||46.00|
|27||29/06/2018||025||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||100.00|
|29||13/04/2018||027||Precept and Support Grant||South Derbyshire District Council||85,000.00|
|30||13/04/2018||027||Support Grant||South Derbyshire District Council||5,484.00|
|31||29/06/2018||028||Precept Second Payment||South Derbyshire District Council||85,000.00|
|32||02/05/2018||003259||Cancel chq 003259||Parish Allowance||416.00|
|33||29/06/2018||Chq not cashed out of date||Cancel chq 003184||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||120.00|
|34||03/07/2018||030||Grant – NDPG||Locality||4,205.00|
|35||07/07/2018||029||Astro Turf Hire||Little Stars||40.00|
|36||16/07/2018||031||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||50.00|
|37||19/07/2018||032||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||75.00|
|38||10/08/2018||033||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||50.00|
|39||26/07/2018||034||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||75.00|
|40||30/08/2018||035||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||125.00|
|41||03/09/2018||036||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||25.00|
|42||05/09/2018||037||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||225.00|
|43||07/09/2018||038||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||50.00|
|44||13/09/2018||040||Football Pitch Hire||AFC HILTON||55.00|
|45||21/08/2018||041||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||100.00|
|46||13/09/2018||042||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||75.00|
|47||19/09/2018||043||Astro Turf Hire||Little Stars||30.00|
|48||06/10/2018||044||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||100.00|
|49||08/10/2018||045||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||100.00|
|50||12/10/2018||046||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||25.00|
|51||12/10/2018||047||Football Pitch Hire||KINGS HEAD FC||110.00|
|52||27/07/2018||Memorial Meadow contribution||South Derbyshire District Council||200.00|
|54||16/11/2018||BGC||Grant – NDPG||South Derbyshire District Council||5,000.00|
|55||19/10/2018||049||Football Pitch Hire||Hilton Athletic||69.00|
|56||19/10/2018||048||Plaque, engraved & fitting||Name Removed||75.00|
|57||05/11/2018||052||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||50.00|
|58||03/11/2018||053||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||100.00|
|59||05/11/2018||054||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||125.00|
|60||07/11/2018||056||Electricity – office||Eon||243.36|
|61||09/11/2018||057||Football Pitch Hire||AFC HILTON||93.00|
|62||12/11/2018||058||Football Pitch Hire||KINGS HEAD FC||46.00|
|63||12/11/2018||059||Astro Turf Hire||Name Removed||26.00|
|64||14/11/2018||060||Plaque, engraved & fitting||Name Removed||75.00|
|65||13/11/2018||061||Football Pitch Hire||Hilton Harriers||23.00|
|66||13/11/2018||062||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||75.00|
|67||16/11/2018||063||Football Pitch Hire||Hilton Athletic||46.00|
|68||26/11/2018||064||Football Pitch Hire||AFC HILTON||151.00|
|69||30/11/2018||065||Astro Turf Hire||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||100.00|
|70||17/10/2018||051||VAT Refund 2017/2018||HM Revenue and Customs||20,845.43|
Total other income £211,867.86 as per Bank Rec.
Ratification of voucher numbers 25, 26, 48, 49, 50 & 51 – correction/omission 1st quarter and 2nd quarter approval of the accounts.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved the correction/omission to the 1st quarter and 2nd quarter accounts as per the voucher numbers quoted.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council approved the following Other Payments from 01.04.2018 to 31.12.2018 as per the cash book.
|1||17/04/2018||003272||Clock and installation||SMITHS OF DERBY||5,699.00||1,139.80||6,838.80|
|3||25/04/2018||003274||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||119.26||23.86||143.12|
|4||25/04/2018||003275||Insurance Cover||Zurich Municipal||4,915.30||0.00||4,915.30|
|8||25/04/2018||003277||Hedge cutting||Aucuba Landscapes||240.00||48.00||288.00|
|9||24/05/2018||003278||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||44.00||8.80||52.80|
|10||24/05/2018||003278||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||12.99||2.60||15.59|
|11||25/04/2018||003280||PPE & Cleaning items||Cromwell||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|13||25/04/2018||003281||Tax and NICs||Inland Revenue||1,784.99||0.00||1,784.99|
|14||25/04/2018||003282||Screws & wall plugs||R Massey and Son Woodville Ltd||3.89||0.78||4.67|
|15||23/05/2018||003283||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||62.94||12.59||75.53|
|16||23/05/2018||003283||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||35.67||7.13||42.80|
|17||23/05/2018||003283||Electricity – lighting columns||Hilton Village Hall||82.02||16.40||98.42|
|18||30/05/2018||003284||Replace Chq 003279 & 003280||Cromwell||28.67||5.73||34.40|
|19||30/05/2018||003284||Replace Chq 003279 & 003280||Cromwell||163.09||32.62||195.71|
|20||30/05/2018||003285||Replacement Chq 003259||Replacement Chq 003259||416.00||0.00||416.00|
|21||30/05/2018||003286||Re Chq 003282||R Massey and Son Woodville Ltd||4.00||0.00||4.00|
|22||30/05/2018||003287||Audit 2017/2018||Ian Fraser||175.00||0.00||175.00|
|23||30/05/2018||003288||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||44.00||8.80||52.80|
|24||30/05/2018||003288||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||12.99||2.60||15.59|
|25||30/05/2018||003289||CCTV service/maintenance||APS Security and Fire||625.00||125.00||750.00|
|26||30/05/2018||003290||dispensers, safety shoes, cleaning supplies||Cromwell||249.28||49.86||299.14|
|28||30/05/2018||003291||Tax and NICs||Inland Revenue||1,785.39||0.00||1,785.39|
|30||22/06/2018||003293||Legal Fees||Gordon Brown Law Firm LLP||1,000.00||200.00||1,200.00|
|31||22/06/2018||003294||Kitchen Refurbishment||Kitchen and Bedroom Warehouse||833.33||166.67||1,000.00|
|32||27/06/2018||003295||Tax and NICs||Inland Revenue||1,748.39||0.00||1,748.39|
|33||27/06/2018||003296||Stationery & stamps||Viking Direct||94.20||6.38||100.58|
|34||27/06/2018||003297||Registration Fee||National Association of Local Council||50.00||10.00||60.00|
|35||27/06/2018||003298||Subscription||Society of Local Council Clerks||112.34||0.00||112.34|
|36||27/06/2018||003299||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||64.00||12.80||76.80|
|37||27/06/2018||003299||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||25.98||5.20||31.18|
|38||27/06/2018||003300||Repair slabs||The Mease Pavilion||168.00||0.00||168.00|
|39||27/06/2018||003301||Poppies||Royal British Legion||54.00||0.00||54.00|
|43||25/06/2018||003304||Kitchen Refurbishment||Appliances Direct||1,232.36||246.46||1,478.82|
|45||27/06/2018||003306||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||62.94||12.59||75.53|
|46||27/06/2018||003306||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||19.88||3.98||23.86|
|47||07/04/2018||CARD||Drain Clearing||Able Group||165.00||33.00||198.00|
|48||07/04/2018||CARD||Play Inspection Training||Rural action Derbyshire||85.00||17.00||102.00|
|49||18/04/2018||DD||Pension contributions March 2018||Nest||451.84||0.00||451.84|
|50||13/04/2018||CARD||Keyboard and Extension Lead||Curry’s & PC World||22.48||4.50||26.98|
|51||13/04/2018||CARD||Paint and brushes||Wickes||32.16||6.43||38.59|
|53||23/04/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60||25/04/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,685.17||0.00||5,685.17|
|61||30/04/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|62||01/05/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||87.62||4.38||92.00|
|63||01/05/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||222.50||44.50||267.00|
|65||10/05/2018||DD||Fuel for the van||UK Fuels Ltd||20.83||4.18||25.01|
|66||10/05/2018||DD||Fuel||UK Fuels Ltd||10.12||2.02||12.14|
|67||15/05/2018||CARD||Fuel for the van||HKS Retail Ltd||22.24||4.45||26.69|
|68||22/05/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|70, 71, 72, 73, 74||30/05/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,963.26||0.00||5,963.26|
|75||31/05/2018||Dd||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|76||01/06/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||210.00||42.00||252.00|
|77||01/06/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||108.57||5.43||114.00|
|78||04/06/2018||DD||Telephone and Broadband||British Telecommunications||169.95||33.99||203.94|
|79||11/06/2018||DD||Card Protection||UK Fuels Ltd||1.00||0.20||1.20|
|81||22/06/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87||27/06/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,875.05||0.00||5,875.05|
|88||03/04/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||222.50||44.50||267.00|
|89||03/04/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|90||03/04/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||87.62||4.38||92.00|
|91||05/07/2018||TFR||Banner Printing x4||Essential Print Services||200.00||40.00||240.00|
|92||02/07/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|93||02/07/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||210.00||42.00||252.00|
|94||02/07/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||108.57||5.43||114.00|
|95||02/07/2018||TFR||Banner HPC||Cherry Tree Picture Frames||15.00||0.00||15.00|
|96||29/06/2018||003307||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||72.88||14.58||87.46|
|97||29/06/2018||003307||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||26.50||5.30||31.80|
|98||29/06/2018||003307||Electricity||Hilton Village Hall||49.99||10.00||59.99|
|99||13/07/2018||003308||Kitchen Refurbishment||Kitchen and Bedroom Warehouse||2,200.83||440.17||2,641.00|
|103||25/07/2018||003310||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||44.00||8.80||52.80|
|104||25/07/2018||003310||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||12.99||2.60||15.59|
|105||25/07/2018||003311||Parish Council Grant||Hilton Youth Group||318.00||0.00||318.00|
|106||25/07/2018||003312||Various items||R Massey and Son Woodville Ltd||38.69||5.76||44.45|
|107||25/07/2018||003313||Tax and NICs||HM Revenue and Customs||1,773.39||0.00||1,773.39|
|108||25/07/2018||003314||Waste collection||South Derbyshire District Council||830.19||0.00||830.19|
|109||25/07/2018||003315||Cancelled Chq||Cancel chq||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|112||25/07/2018||003318||Confidential shredding||Greener Security Shredding||48.75||9.75||58.50|
|113||20/08/2018||003319||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||66.25||13.25||79.50|
|114||20/08/2018||003319||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||19.88||3.98||23.86|
|115||20/08/2018||003320||Financial Support||Scribe 2000||487.00||97.40||584.40|
|116||20/08/2018||003321||P O Box||Royal Mail||275.00||55.00||330.00|
|117||20/08/2018||003322||Printing||JOHN PORT SPENCER ACADEMY||39.99||7.99||47.98|
|118||22/08/2018||003323||Cancel chq||Cancel chq||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|119||22/08/2018||003324||Legal Fees||Gordon Brown Law Firm LLP||250.00||50.00||300.00|
|124||24/08/2018||003326||Plaque, engraved & fitting||Heritage Wood||50.00||0.00||50.00|
|125||24/08/2018||003327||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||44.00||8.80||52.80|
|126||24/08/2018||003327||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||12.99||2.60||15.59|
|127||24/08/2018||003328||Staples & shackles||R Massey and Son Woodville Ltd||13.79||2.75||16.54|
|128||24/08/2018||003329||Kitchen Refurbishment||Handy 2 Know||1,000.00||0.00||1,000.00|
|129||24/05/2018||003330||Tax and NICs||HM Revenue and Customs||1,772.99||0.00||1,772.99|
|133||26/09/2018||003332||Cancel chq||Cancel chq||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|134||26/09/2018||003333||Legal Fees||Flint Bishop Solicitors||1,200.00||240.00||1,440.00|
|135||26/09/2018||003334||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||67.50||13.50||81.00|
|136||26/09/2018||003334||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||12.99||2.60||15.59|
|138||26/09/2018||003336||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||103.13||20.63||123.76|
|139||26/09/2018||003337||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||19.88||3.98||23.86|
|140||26/09/2018||003338||Audit 2017/2018||PKF Littlejohn LLP||600.00||120.00||720.00|
|141||26/09/2018||003339||Tree work||Fairview Arborists Ltd||150.00||0.00||150.00|
|142||26/09/2018||003340||Stationery & printing||Cllr R Darlington – expenses Remembrance Day Service||122.82||0.00||122.82|
|146||26/09/2018||003344||Tax and NICs||HM Revenue and Customs||1,772.99||0.00||1,772.99|
|147||26/09/2018||003345||Playmobile||South Derbyshire District Council||1,020.00||204.00||1,224.00|
|148||26/09/2018||003346||Tree work||Fairview Arborists Ltd||250.00||0.00||250.00|
|149||26/09/2018||003347||Ink & paper||Viking Direct||405.29||81.06||486.35|
|153||10/07/2018||DD||Fuel||UK Fuels Ltd||21.13||4.23||25.36|
|154||10/07/2018||DD||Card Protection||UK Fuels Ltd||1.00||0.20||1.20|
|156||23/07/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162||05/07/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,870.54||0.00||5,870.54|
|163||31/07/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|164||01/08/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||210.00||42.00||252.00|
|165||01/08/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||108.57||5.43||114.00|
|166||10/08/2018||Dd||Fuel for the van||UK Fuels Ltd||38.63||7.73||46.36|
|167||20/08/2018||TFR||Kitchen Refurbishment||Handy 2 Know||3,550.00||0.00||3,550.00|
|168||22/08/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|170, 171, 172, 173, 174||29/08/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,925.78||0.00||5,925.78|
|175||30/08/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|176||03/09/2018||TFR||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||210.00||42.00||252.00|
|177||03/09/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||108.57||5.43||114.00|
|179||10/09/2018||DD||Card Protection||UK Fuels Ltd||1.00||0.20||1.20|
|180||14/09/2018||TFR||Clock base||Build it Solutions Ltd||1,845.65||369.13||2,214.78|
|182||24/09/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|183, 184, 185, 186, 87, 188, 189||26/09/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||6,074.82||0.00||6,074.82|
|191||24/10/2018||003348||Pillar Clock||SMITHS OF DERBY||5,699.00||1,139.80||6,838.80|
|192||14/10/2018||003349||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||78.06||15.61||93.67|
|193||14/10/2018||003349||Electricity||Hilton Village Hall||106.47||21.29||127.76|
|194||14/10/2018||003349||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||46.38||9.28||55.66|
|195||24/10/2018||003350||Line Marking Paint||VFM Products Ltd||219.50||43.90||263.40|
|199||24/10/2018||003352||Shutter service||RSL Bristol Ltd||700.00||140.00||840.00|
|200||24/10/2018||003353||Tax and NICs||HM Revenue and Customs||1,772.99||0.00||1,772.99|
|202||24/10/2018||003355||Grit Bin and Salt||Viking Direct||298.52||59.70||358.22|
|203||02/11/2018||003356||Clock and installation||Western Power Distribution||423.65||84.73||508.38|
|204||14/11/2018||003357||Legal Fees||Gordon Brown Law Firm LLP||1,200.00||240.00||1,440.00|
|205||28/11/2018||003358||Extra Insurance Cover||Zurich Municipal||628.30||0.00||628.30|
|206||28/11/2018||003359||Waste collection||Rainbow Waste Management co Ltd||108.00||21.60||129.60|
|207||28/11/2018||003359||Green Waste Collection||Rainbow Waste Management co Ltd||36.00||7.20||43.20|
|211||28/11/2018||003361||Black Sacks and Gloves||Cromwell||103.92||20.79||124.71|
|212||28/11/2018||003362||Padlock||R Massey and Son Woodville Ltd||91.64||18.33||109.97|
|213||28/11/2018||003363||Cancel chq||Cancel chq||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|214||28/11/2018||003364||Interim Audit 2018/2019||B Wood||106.20||0.00||106.20|
|215||28/11/2018||003365||Plaque, engraved & fitting||Heritage Wood||50.00||0.00||50.00|
|216||28/11/2018||003366||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||88.00||17.60||105.60|
|217||28/11/2018||003366||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||25.98||5.20||31.18|
|219||28/11/2018||003368||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||19.88||3.98||23.86|
|220||28/11/2018||003369||Tax and NICs||HM Revenue and Customs||1,773.19||0.00||1,773.19|
|221||28/11/2018||003370||Remembrance Day items||Cllr R Darlington – expenses Remembrance Day service||113.98||0.00||113.98|
|222||28/11/2018||003371||Website Hosting and Maintenance||G Rice||50.00||0.00||50.00|
|223||28/11/2018||003372||Plaque, engraved & fitting||Heritage Wood||50.00||0.00||50.00|
|224||28/11/2018||003373||Fire extinguisher service||Yee Group Ltd||50.50||10.10||60.60|
|226||11/12/2018||003375||ROOM HIRE – Cancelled||Hilton Village Hall||33.13||6.63||39.76|
|227||19/12/2018||003376||Gift Card – PTFA Raffle||Hilton PTFA||30.00||0.00||30.00|
|228||19/12/2018||003377||Fire extinguisher service||Yee Group Ltd||139.85||27.97||167.82|
|229||19/12/2018||003378||deadwood ash tree||Fairview Arborists Ltd||250.00||0.00||250.00|
|231, 232, 234, 235, 236||30/10/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,938.44||0.00||5,938.44|
|237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243||28/11/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,924.31||0.00||5,924.31|
|245||01/10/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||210.00||42.00||252.00|
|246||01/10/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|247||01/10/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||108.57||5.43||114.00|
|248||10/10/2018||DD||Fuel||UK Fuels Ltd||43.08||8.62||51.70|
|249||10/10/2018||DD||Fuel||UK Fuels Ltd||22.55||4.51||27.06|
|250||22/10/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|251||01/11/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||108.57||5.43||114.00|
|252||01/11/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||93.33||18.67||112.00|
|253||22/11/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
|254||30/11/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|255||31/10/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|256||19/12/2018||003379||Tax and NICs||HM Revenue and Customs||1,773.19||0.00||1,773.19|
|257||19/12/2018||003380||Waste collection||Rainbow Waste Management co Ltd||144.00||28.80||172.80|
|258||19/12/2018||003381||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||232.50||46.50||279.00|
|259||19/12/2018||003381||Water Testing||Sterilizing Services||80.96||16.19||97.15|
|261||19/12/2018||003383||Litter hoops||Helping Hands Co Ltd||26.30||5.26||31.56|
|262||19/12/2018||003384||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||76.20||15.25||91.45|
|263||19/12/2018||003384||Room Hire||Hilton Village Hall||19.88||3.98||23.86|
|264||17/12/2018||Bacs||Sweeping machine repairs||Carr Brook Garden Machinery||96.42||0.00||96.42|
|267||03/12/2018||DD||Electricity – office||Eon||96.19||4.81||101.00|
|268||03/12/2018||DD||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||Eon||93.33||18.67||112.00|
|269||10/12/2018||DD||Fuel||UK Fuels Ltd||96.86||19.37||116.23|
|270||21/12/2018||DD||Road fund license increase||Toyota||20.00||0.00||20.00|
|271, 272, 273, 274, 275||21/12/2018||TFR||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||Salaries, Tax, NIC’s expenses||5,540.73||0.00||5,540.73|
|276||31/12/2018||DD||Van Lease Agreement||Toyota||199.37||39.87||239.24|
|277||24/12/2018||DD||HR Support||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||100.00||20.00||120.00|
Ratification of cheque number 003325 – correction/omission 1st quarter and 2nd quarter approval of the accounts. Stated in Agenda/Minutes as £479.99 should be £1,237.91
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved the correction/omission to the 1st quarter and 2nd quarter accounts. Hilton Parish Council approved the Cheque for 2 invoices at a total cost of £1,237.91.
- Approval of the Budget and Precept Setting after the Finance Committee Meeting held on 23.01.2019
Hilton Parish Council Finance Committee approved to take the following matters back to the Hilton Parish Council Meeting on 30.01.2019 for ratification and final approval.
- To reduce the Crime Prevention Budget from £2,500.00 to £2,000.00.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved to reduce the draft Crime Prevention Budget from £2,500.00 to £2,000.00
- To add £500.00 to the Budget for Christmas light proposed on Main Street and Egginton Road.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved to add £500.00 to the budget for Christmas Lights on Main Street and Egginton Road.
- The Clerk to contact Hatton Parish Council and obtain further information on their Christmas lights.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved that the Clerk should contact Hatton Parish Council to obtain further information on their Christmas Lights.
- To look at obtaining a better deal for the telephone, internet and electricity supplies.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved to look into a better deal for the telephone, internet and electricity supplies.
- The Clerk to check the cost with SDDC of a potential election in Hilton and if this cost can be shared with SDDC as they will be holding an election at the same time.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved to leave it as £5,000.00 as per the budget.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed that the Clerk should chase SDDC for the actual cost and if they will split the cost as its SDDC elections at the same time.
- Not to allocate any further funding towards the Scout Hut extension as the Council were not in a position to budget more, but the Parish Council may review this again at a later date. If they require further funding, they will need to be able to evidence match funding and fund raising.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved Not to allocate any further funding towards the Scout Hut extension as the Council were not in a position to budget more, but the Parish Council may review this again at a later date.
- To add £35,000.00 to the Budget to refurbish the Astro Turf Carpet due to it being in poor condition. The Council to look for further grant funding
towards this project with Sports England. The Council to ask if the 106 money as previously discussed could be put towards this project.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved for £35,000.00 for the refurbishment of the Astro Turf Carpet. The Council agreed to look for further grant funding towards this project through Sport England.
- The Council to look for grant funding towards the Adventure Play Project.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved for the Council agreed to look for further grant funding towards this project.
- To increase the staff salaries by 2% for all staff as of 01.04.2019 as per the National Joint Council Agreement. (Lengthsman, Groundsman, Clerk)
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved to increase the staff salaries by 2% from 01.04.2019 as per the National Joint Council Agreement.
- To accept the budget allocation for the Clerk Assistant.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved the allocation in the budget for the Clerk’s Assistant. all Councillors were unanimous in this decision apart from Cllr Cuddington who abstained from voting, stating that he had not seen the information.
- To Reduce the Reserve/Contingency budget by £1,500.00 and add the addition of the website production for £1,500.00
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved the reduction in the reserve/contingency account of £1,500.00.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Coucil ratified/approved to add a new line in the budget of £1,500.00 for the website production.
- To approve the rest of the budget as set by the Finance Committee at their meeting on 23.01.2019.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council ratified/approved the rest of the draft budget as per their committee held on 23.01.2019.
- To approve the Precept be set at £181,903.42 for the financial year 2019/2020.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council did not approve to increase the precept to £181,903.42. Hilton Parish Council approved to increase the Precept from £170,000.00 for 2018/2019 to £172,900.00 for 2019/2020. This was to account for the increase in properties by 45 more houses. This will make no change to what resident are currently paying per year on their precept payment on behalf of the Parish Council element.
- Minute Number 3057/19 – Items for Information
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council noted the following information.
- Clerks & Council Direct Magazine 2019
- SDDC – Press release – Schools given fascinating insight into democracy
- Rosliston Forestry Centre – Volunteers needed 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month 10am to 3pm
- SDDC – Press release – Leader’s Christmas message for South Derbyshire
- Derbyshire Police – Thanks to The Mease Committee for the interim safety measures in relation to the car park and height barrier repairs
- SDDC – Press release – Reduce, reuse and recycle your waste over Christmas
- Food Standard Agency – Avoid and unwanted gift of food poisoning this Christmas
- Personal Advice and Solutions Ltd – Employment Law update November & December 2018
- DCC – Road Closure on Egginton Road on 16.03.2019 to 14.04.2019
- SDDC – Parish of Repton Neighbourhood Development Plan Consultation will run for 6 weeks closing at 5pm on Monday 04.03.2019
- SDDC – Press release – Have your say at area forum meetings
- Swadlincote Pancake Race 05.03.2019 from noon to 2pm The Delph Market Square, Swadlincote
- South Derbyshire Business Advice Service – Thinking of Starting a Business 26.02.2019 5.30pm to 8pm Sharpe’s Pottery Museum, Swadlincote
- The National Forest Walking Festival – 18th to 30th May 2019
- Minute Number 3058/19 – To consider a resolution under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) to exclude members of the Public.
Resolved: In view of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted and for the reasons given below, it was advisable in the public interest, that the press and public be temporarily excluded and were instructed to withdraw from the meeting.
Cllr Cuddington left the meeting at this point prior to the Council discussing Exempt Items.
- Minute Number 3059/19 – Update on correspondence received, hand delivered to the Chair and advice taken – Previously reported under minute number 2225/18, 2244/18, 2268/18, 2789/18, 3008/18, 3029/18 – Local Government Act Schedule 12 a – Information relating to any individual. – Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual. – Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
The Clerk reported that a Freedom of Information Complaint had been received in relation to the Clerks Pay Scale, the information had been passed over to the Solicitor dealing with this as previously agreed. A response had been sent to both the resident and to the ICO by the Parish Council Solicitor.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed that the Clerk should continue to send all correspondence in association to this matter to the Parish Council Solicitor to deal with.
- Minute Number 3060/19 – Grounds Maintenance and Hedge Cutting Contract – Previously reported under minute number 2790/18, 3009/18, 3030/18 – Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12 a – Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising
- Aucuba Landscapes: £12,744.00
- Talbot Turf – £13,723.75
- Ben Harris – £10,290.11
- Bloomin Gardens – £11,605.00
- Countrywide – Did not quote by the closing date
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council approved to keep the Ground Maintenance Contract with Aucuba Landscapes Ltd for the next 3 years. Hilton Parish Council felt that this was the quote that offered best value for money. Hilton Parish Council did not go with the lowest Tender due to the fact that some of the work stated would be contracted out to sub-contractors.
- Minute Number 3061/19 – Tenders for The Mease car park refurbishment Contract – Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12 a – Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising
Quotes Received: – excluding VAT
- PM Harris: £35,474.00
- Atlow Contracting: £32,136.25
- Chameleon Group: £51,815.00
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed for The Mease Management Committee to accept the quote from PM Harris at £35,474.00 excluding VAT. The Parish Council agreed with their reason for as follows
- The quotes were similar but PM Harris includes the road marking and stone kerb surrounds which will last longer. • St Modwen’s/PM Harris have already invested in the project with two site visits and emergency maintenance at no charge • PM Harris are local and will be working on the Hilton Valley site for some time should there be future problems • The Mease Committee proposes Parish Council fund the maintenance cost for replacement stones as required, but not exceeding £1,500 per annum.
Resolved: The Clerk to inform The Mease Management Committee of the above.
- Minute Number 3062/19 – Staff Matters
- Clerk Role and Clerk Assistant – Local Government Act Schedule 12 a – Information relating to any individual. – Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual. Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12 a – Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising
Resolved: To advertise for the position of an Assistant Clerk for 10 hours per week on National Living wage to start, with a view to increasing as per the budget allocation as of 01.04.2019
Resolved: The Clerk was given delegated powers to fill the vacancy in the short term with agency staff.
- Minute Number 3063/19 – Date of the next meeting
Resolved: The date of the next monthly Hilton Parish Council Meeting was confirmed as 27th February 2019 at Hilton Village Hall commencing at 7pm.