For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_08
STEERING GROUP MEETING
held at Hilton Village Hall on
Monday 13 August 2018
Peter Williams Jon Topham
Charles Cuddington Rachel Archer
Russell Pollard Beccy Salmon
Guest: Joe Dugdale – Planning Design & Rural Action Derbyshire
- Apologies: Amy Plenderlieth Sian Davies
- Declaration of Members interest – None
- Public Speaking – None
(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda).
- Minutes of the last meeting on 9 July 2018 approved.
- Joe Dugdale suggested looking at the results of the recent Questionnaire.
- PowerPoint Presentation prepared by Charles and Russell covering the preliminary results, but not all aspects of the Neighbourhood Plan questionnaire results.
It was agreed to give copies of the questionnaire results to the Parish Council and Ian Hey.
Russell will be putting this on our website for public interest.
Each Working Group will be given the complete excel spreadsheet to analyse the Survey results for their topic with a view to drafting proposals for the October meeting.
The Questionnaire working group will manage the program of events (agenda item 13).
Joe Dugdale seemed quite impressed with the results and encouraged us to continue – highlighting Green Spaces, Cycle Ways and new Proposals as ways of getting the SDDC to embrace our needs for the future.
Joe will disseminate guidance to the working groups next week and is happy to be contacted by the working groups to help with their draft proposals.
We have three winners for the Questionnaire Prize Draw. The Presentation will take place on 3 September at the Village Hall at 7pm.
- Youth Club and John Port survey exercise.
This exercise did take place on 12 July but unfortunately there was another event that evening so only half of the children were around, and certainly not particularly engaged in hearing about future plans for the area. Some did agree to fill out the Questionnaire and returned them to us before the end date.
Joe Dugdale said this was something we needed to pursue again after the holidays, which we are intending to do, hopefully via John Port School, as these teenagers will be affected by the results of our Plan a few years down the line.
We have yet to find a contact at John Port who will be able to pull this project together to enable the children to take part. (Agenda item 12)
- A quick resume of the funding was given by Charles. We are still waiting for SDDC.
- Hilton History Group report has been edited by Peter. Who has also expanded the “modern” history of the villages since the 1980’s.
- Status of Planning Design Amy away – Agenda for next mtg.
- Traffic Survey status
We should get the feedback by mid -August, for discussion at the September meeting.
The next meeting will be on Monday 10 September 2018 at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.
N.B. Joe Dugdale will be attending our meeting in October.