For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_05E
Hilton Parish Council
PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR
Tel: Office 01283 730969 – Mobile 0771 9599132
MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY HILTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON FRIDAY 25TH MAY 2018 AT THE HILTON PARISH COUNCIL OFFICE COMMENCING AT 7PM
Cllr Cooper (in the Chair)
Cllr Darlington, Cllr Hudson and Cllr Hall
Apologies were received from Cllr Plenderleith and Cllr Billings.
- Minute Number 2192/18 – To receive apologies for absence
Resolved: Apologies were received and accepted as follows:
- Cllr Smith due to other commitments
- Cllr Cuddington due to Annual Leave
- Cllr Brundish due to Annual Leave
- Cllr Campion due to being unable to attend
- Minute Number 2193/18 – Variation of the Order of Business
There were no Variations of the Order of Business.
- Minute Number 2194/18 – Declaration of Members’ Interests.
There were no Declarations of Members Interests.
- Minute Number 2195/18 – Public Speaking.
There were no members of the public in attendance at the meeting.
- Minute Number 2196/18 – To consider a resolution under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) to exclude members of the Public.
Resolved: In view of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted, it was advisable in the public interest, that the press and public be temporarily excluded. There were no Members of the Public in attendance
- Minute Number 2197/18 – Legal matter regarding letter received from a resident
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed to have a Formal Meeting with the resident. Cllr Cooper, Cllr Hudson and Cllr Hall to be at the meeting for Hilton Parish Council
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed that the Formal Meeting would be recorded in the absence of the Clerk for the purpose of typing the minutes/notes.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed that the Chair and Clerk should seek further legal advice as soon as possible on the case to date.
Resolved: Hilton Parish Council agreed that the Clerk as the Proper Officer should email the resident acknowledging the letters, stating that the Council will get back to the resident in due course in relation to the arrangements for a Formal Meeting.