For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_05
STEERING GROUP MEETING
held at Hilton Village Hall on
Monday 14 May 2018
at 7.30 pm
Minutes of Meeting
Attendees: Amy Plenderleith
- Apologies Simon Brundish
- Declaration of Members interest – None
- Public Speaking – None
(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda).
- A meeting was held with Hilton School (Ms Katie Jones) to arrange for the children to join in with the Steering Group survey, May 23 was the agreed date. After lunch the children will have the opportunity to have a referendum on the outcome of their survey.
It was suggested that similar exercise is held with the Youth Group (Sandra) in mid June/early July.
- The Grant Review/Budget Update was submitted by Charles Cuddington on Monday 30 April 2018. He has since had a call from Technical Support and a “Screening call” which has resulted in a recommendation for us to receive Technical Support. They also suggested that it would be advisable to do a site assessment for pockets of land after the results of the survey and the Housing Assessment Needs have been completed. There is a meeting proposed for 22 May with the Planning Policy people of SDDC where this will be raised.
- Working Groups Feedback – All questions/topics have been incorporated into the Questionnaire.
- SDDC consulted on the green spaces as part of Local Plan Part Two, this bit of the plan was then paused while the rest of it went through – partly due to the fact they had received quite a lot of suggestions for the spaces and they didn’t want this bit of plan to delay the rest. So SDDC still have this evidence and are going through it again now.
- Leaflet Drop in process, incorporated into Hilton Directory.
- Questionnaire to be in print by 24 May and distributed by 18 June.
- Deliveries currently envisaged by Royal Mail, but Scout group to be investigated.
- Perhaps a more informative introduction could be produced at the beginning of the Questionnaire. To be sent to the Questionnaire Working Group by 16 May.
- A vote was held on the Questionnaire as written – all agreed with one against.
Everyone to actively encourage people to return questionnaires/fill in survey.
Stand at Party in the Park, etc. – volunteers required.
Everyone to help identify people who can volunteer to input paper survery results into Survey Monkey.
- Planning Design Practice and Rural Action Derbyshire are now in the Budget.
- Outstanding Action: Engagement strategy.
Meeting closed at 9.00pm.
The next meeting will be on Monday 25 June 2018 at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.