For a PDF version of the agenda click here: Agenda_2018_03
Hilton Parish Council
PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR
Tel: Office 01283 730969
You are summoned to attend the Monthly Meeting of Hilton Parish Council to be held at 7pm on Wednesday 28.03.2018 at Hilton Village Hall.
Mrs Clare Orme
Clerk to Hilton Parish Council
- To receive apologies for absence
- Variation of the Order of Business
- Declaration of Members’ Interests.
- Members must ensure that they complete the Declaration of Members Interest sheet prior to the start of the meeting and must indicate the action to be taken (ie to stay in the meeting, to leave the meeting or to stay in the meeting to make representations and then leave the meeting prior to any consideration or determination of the item).
- Where a member indicates that they have a pecuniary interest, but wish to make representation regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) of Public Speaking.
- Public Speaking.
- At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda. Where a member indicates they have a prejudicial interest, but wish to make representation regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) below. (If the item to which representations or comments were made by a Member is on the Agenda the Member must declare that interest again and withdraw from the meeting during consideration of that item).
- If the Police Liaison Officer, a County Council or District Council Member is in attendance they will be given the opportunity to raise any relevant matter. Members of the Council however will restrict Police matters they raise to those relating to their Council Ward.
- Members declaring a prejudicial interest who wish to make representation or give evidence under the Code of Conduct relating to Agenda items shall do so at this stage.
- Chairpersons Report
- To confirm the minutes of the Hilton Parish Council Meeting held on 28.02.2018.
- Neighbourhood Development Planning – Cllr Cuddington & Cllr Brundish
- Minutes of the meeting held on 12.03.2018
- Approval of the amendments to the Terms of Reference
- Communication Plan
- Approval of the Community Engagement Policy and Plan
- Reports from Councillors that have attended any other Meetings.
- Toyota Liaison Meeting held on 14.03.2018 – Report from the Chair
- Notification – Parish & Town Council Liaison Forum to be held on 03.05.2018 at County Hall, Matlock commencing at 6pm to 8pm
- Clerk’s Reports
- Request from a resident to install a litter bin at the layby near the Memorial Meadow and the installation of No dog fouling signs around the site – Previously Reported under minute number 2140/18
- Request from Rev Murphie for the Parish Council to help the church pay towards the purchase and installation of a defibrillator – Previously reported under minute number 2140/18
- Email request from a resident with regards to the Keep Britain Tidy Campaign – A request for the Parish Council to pay for a skip at the Village Hall site for the rubbish – Previously reported under minute number 2140/18.
- ICO – Certificate of Registration
- Sportsmobile Dates Confirmed
- 25.07.2018 – 10am to 12 noon
- 31.07.2018 – 2pm to 4pm
- 08.08.2018 – 2pm to 4pm
- 15.08.2018 – 1pm to 4pm
- 22.08.2018 – 10am to 12 noon
- SDDC – Activity Provision being delivered at the Hilton Village Hall Site (Sportsmobile and similar) on 05.04.2018 from 1pm to 3pm – This is a free session to the Parish Council and has been confirmed by the Clerk – This will be advertised shortly.
- Local Council Award Scheme – Approval to start the Foundation Level
- Derbyshire and Derby Minerals Local Plan – Spring 2018 Consultation
- Approval of the Public Participation at Parish Council Meetings Procedure
- Derbyshire Association of Local Councils
There was nothing to report.
- Accounts for Payment.
|003252||Hilton Village Hall||Room Hire and Electricity Sub Meter||208.26|
|003260||Flint Bishop Solicitors||Interim Invoice for Professional Fees in association with the Police Lease Agreement||1,814.00|
|BACS||Carbrook Garden Machinery||Mower, strimmer & Hedge cutter Service||495.15|
- Payments by BACS for Salaries, Tax, NIC’s, Expenses, Pension – including Chq 003253 for the Inland Revenue and Cheques 003254 to 003259 for Parish Allowances.
Salaries, Tax NICs, Redundancy, Expenses etc £6,756.25
NEST Staff Pension £451.84
Parish Allowance £1,508.00
- Review of the charges for the use of Parish Council facilities – Astro Turf, Astro Turf Lighting, Football Pitches, Back Lane Pavilion – Previously Reported under minute number 2142/18
- Village Clock
- Cheque received from Toyota Manufacturing £500.00 towards the project
- Approval to pay deposit Invoice £6,838.80 to be paid after 01.04.2018 and posted with the signed contract for the project to commence.
- Approval to recalculate the contingency budget to allow for a budget line for the Clerks Assistant.
- Approval of Parish Grant Scheme
- Hilton Dog Walkers Group – £300.00
- Hilton Gardening Club – £350.00
- The Writers Block (South Derbyshire Creative Writers Group) – £700.00
- Hilton Party on the Park – £244.98
- Hilton Village Hall – £541.88
- DALC Subscription 2018/2019 – Approval to pay the invoice after 01.04.2018
- Option 1 – Standard Annual Subscription – £888.51
- Option 2 – Enhanced Subscription to include a supplement on your basic subscription to cover group 1 training – £1,068.51
- PTFA Plant Sale – Approval to purchase plants
- DCC – School Crossing Patrols
- Letter of appointment for the Internal Auditor
- Items for Information
- Glasdon – Product leaflet
- Clerk & Council Direct Magazine – March 2018
- SDDC – What’s on Magazine
- SDDC – Comprehensive Directory of club’s information – https://www.south-derbys.gov.uk/our-services/things-to-do-and-places-to-visit/get-active/sports-clubs-and-groups/active-south-derbyshire
- Calon Energy – Gas Fired Power Station at Willington – Unsuccessful Capacity Market Auction so no further action will be taken to build the station at this time
- Care Choices – The Transition Event: Helping build the best future for disabled young people in the Midlands
- Bio Site Security – Introduction Letter
- SDDC – Controlled Waste Transfer Note
- Planning Matters for Decision
- 9/2018/0252 – 3 STOUR CLOSE HILTON DERBY DE65 5JJ – THE ERECTION OF AN EXTENSION
- 9/2018/0228 – 134 DERBY ROAD HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5FP THE CROWN LIFTING OF A SILVER BIRCH TREE COVERED BY SOUTH DERBYSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL TREE PRESERVATION ORDER NUMBER 316 – No extension requested consultation ended on 26.03.2018
- 9/2018/0157 – EGGINTON JUNCTION STATION EGGINTON ROAD HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 6GU – THE ERECTION OF AN EXTENSION AND DOUBLE GARAGE WITH INTERNAL ALTERATIONS AND SUB DIVISION OF EXISTING PROPERTIES INTO TWO DWELLINGS – No extension requested consultation ended on 28.03.2018
- To consider a resolution under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) to exclude members of the Public.
- Correspondence received, questions/complaints and replies sent
- Formal Complaint Meeting held on 21.02.2018
- Date of the next meeting
The date of the next monthly Hilton Parish Council Meeting is to be confirmed as 25th April 2018 at Hilton Village Hall commencing at 7pm.