For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_02



held at Hilton Village Hall on

Monday 12 February 2018

at 7.30 pm


Minutes of Meeting

Attendees:         Amy Plenderleith

Russell Pollard

Charles Cuddington

Margaret Cuddington

Beccy Salmon

Peter Williams

Public:                   Heidi Hall


  1. Apologies Jon Watson, Jon Topham, Simon Brundish, Rachel Wallace


  1. Declaration of Members interest –              None


  1. Public Speaking –              None

(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available        for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter      already on the agenda).


  1. Minutes of the last Meeting –              Agreed


  1. There was a good turnout at the Launch Meeting – approx. 60 attendees.

There were 39 interested people who left their e-mail addresses for further information.

Russell contacted them to ask if they would be willing to be volunteers for the working groups.  16 have sent positive replies.


6              The Designated Area is now shown on the SDDC website. The consultation period ended on Friday 9th February – awaiting SDDC response.

  1. Jon W’s email was read to the group and a printed copy of the various questionnaire questions was circulated. The input was appreciated. We need a consensus on the Questionnaire, i.e. drop in sessions, a working group, ask volunteers what they think of the surveys. Pass details back to Jon plus volunteers, etc. Specific questions – part of the remit is to come up with the questions.
  2. Plan update is affected by budget.
  3. Parish Council have provided a budget till end of March – traffic survey turned down by Locality. PC money in the budget, £2500 for next financial year.  We need a bespoke travel survey, thru Hilton and Marston. A community speed watch.

– Charles to talk to Neil

  1. Allocation of volunteers according to their preferences. Each group is to have a Steering Group lead.  We need to give them some guidelines.  Do some volunteers want to be on more than one working group?                                                                   – Russell to email

Critical path of guidelines needs to be established before the next meeting on 12 March.


  1. Engagement with School – Charles to liaise

We need to include the children, as the older children will be young adults when the Neighbourhood Plan is still in operation, in ten years’ time.


  1. Grant application status – Locality has agreed money but no forms available yet.


  1. Lower Dove Valley Community – Rebecca has made contact with them.


  1. Brinsley Parish Council has been contacted by Jon W re Planning Design. Jon produced a good feedback from Brinsley and we will ask them what sort of quote they got from Planning Design and the final cost.  Also what technical input was required.     – Jon W to contact
  2. Working Groups headed up by:

Amy                                       Transport

Russell                                  Business

Rebecca                               Environment

Peter                                     School

Rachel                                   Retail and leisure

Charles                                 Housing

Meeting closed at 9pm.


The next meeting will be on Monday 12 March at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.





Comments are closed.