For a PDF version of the minutes click here: Minutes_2018_02
STEERING GROUP MEETING
held at Hilton Village Hall on
Monday 12 February 2018
at 7.30 pm
Minutes of Meeting
Attendees: Amy Plenderleith
Public: Heidi Hall
- Apologies Jon Watson, Jon Topham, Simon Brundish, Rachel Wallace
- Declaration of Members interest – None
- Public Speaking – None
(At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda).
- Minutes of the last Meeting – Agreed
- There was a good turnout at the Launch Meeting – approx. 60 attendees.
There were 39 interested people who left their e-mail addresses for further information.
Russell contacted them to ask if they would be willing to be volunteers for the working groups. 16 have sent positive replies.
6 The Designated Area is now shown on the SDDC website. The consultation period ended on Friday 9th February – awaiting SDDC response.
- Jon W’s email was read to the group and a printed copy of the various questionnaire questions was circulated. The input was appreciated. We need a consensus on the Questionnaire, i.e. drop in sessions, a working group, ask volunteers what they think of the surveys. Pass details back to Jon plus volunteers, etc. Specific questions – part of the remit is to come up with the questions.
- Plan update is affected by budget.
- Parish Council have provided a budget till end of March – traffic survey turned down by Locality. PC money in the budget, £2500 for next financial year. We need a bespoke travel survey, thru Hilton and Marston. A community speed watch.
– Charles to talk to Neil
- Allocation of volunteers according to their preferences. Each group is to have a Steering Group lead. We need to give them some guidelines. Do some volunteers want to be on more than one working group? – Russell to email
Critical path of guidelines needs to be established before the next meeting on 12 March.
- Engagement with School – Charles to liaise
We need to include the children, as the older children will be young adults when the Neighbourhood Plan is still in operation, in ten years’ time.
- Grant application status – Locality has agreed money but no forms available yet.
- Lower Dove Valley Community – Rebecca has made contact with them.
- Brinsley Parish Council has been contacted by Jon W re Planning Design. Jon produced a good feedback from Brinsley and we will ask them what sort of quote they got from Planning Design and the final cost. Also what technical input was required. – Jon W to contact
- Working Groups headed up by:
Rachel Retail and leisure
Meeting closed at 9pm.
The next meeting will be on Monday 12 March at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.