For a PDF version of the agenda click here: Agenda_2018_01
Hilton Parish Council
PO BOX 8094, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE11 1FR
Tel: Office 01283 730969 – Mobile 0771 9599132
You are summoned to attend the Monthly Meeting of Hilton Parish Council to be held at 7pm on Wednesday 31st January 2018 at Hilton Village Hall.
Mrs Clare Orme
Clerk to Hilton Parish Council
- To receive apologies for absence
- Variation of the Order of Business
- Declaration of Members’ Interests.
- Members must ensure that they complete the Declaration of Members Interest sheet prior to the start of the meeting and must indicate the action to be taken (ie to stay in the meeting, to leave the meeting or to stay in the meeting to make representations and then leave the meeting prior to any consideration or determination of the item).
- Where a member indicates that they have a pecuniary interest, but wish to make representation regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) of Public Speaking.
- Public Speaking.
- At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda. Where a member indicates they have a prejudicial interest, but wish to make representation regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) below. (If the item to which representations or comments were made by a Member is on the Agenda the Member must declare that interest again and withdraw from the meeting during consideration of that item).
- If the Police Liaison Officer, a County Council or District Council Member is in attendance they will be given the opportunity to raise any relevant matter. Members of the Council however will restrict Police matters they raise to those relating to their Council Ward.
- Members declaring a prejudicial interest who wish to make representation or give evidence under the Code of Conduct relating to Agenda items shall do so at this stage.
- Chairpersons Report
- To confirm the minutes of the following Meetings
- Monthly minutes of the Hilton Parish Council Meeting held on 20th December 2018.
- Hilton Parish Council Finance Committee minutes held on 18th January 2018
- Neighbourhood Development Planning – Cllr Cuddington & Cllr Brundish
- Minutes of the meeting held on 08.01.2018
- Approval for the Parish Council to fund the group till the end of March 2018 to cover room hire, website development costs, Facebook costs and a questionnaire for the sum of £475.00
- Reports from Councillors that have attended any other Meetings.
- Etwall Area Meeting & Safer Neighbourhoods – The Chair and Vice Chair
- Toyota Liaison – The Chair and Vice Chair
- The Mease Management Committee – Cllr Brundish
- Marston on Dove Relief in Need Charity – To nominate a representative as required
- Hilton Dog Walking Group – To nominate a representative as required
- Flood Liaison – To nominate a representative as required
- DCC – Parish and Town Liaison Forum – To nominate a representative as required
- SDDC – Joint Meetings with Parish Councils – To nominate a representative as required
- EMIP updates
- Party on the Park
- Report from Cllr Cuddington on the Launch Meeting held on 24.01.2018
- Clerk’s Reports
- How the Parish Council will consult to engage with the community going forward – Approval of the Communication Plan – Previously reported under minute number 2088/17
- What will Hilton Parish Council do for the Centenary 2018 – Previously reported under minute number 2088/17
- DCC – Local List consultation – Extension for the Council to respond by 05.02.2018
- Request from The Mease Management Committee for the Council to approve £140.00 to repair broken slabs on the path around the building
- Bin Emptying over the Christmas and New Year period
- Derbyshire Association of Local Councils
- DALC Circular 01/2018
- INDEX OF MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF 2017 DALC CIRCULARS
- DALC Circular 02/2018
- We’re here for you
- HR & APPRAISAL TRAINING
- Annual Governance and Accountability Return
- Accounts for Payment.
|003213||Cancelled cheque replaced with chq003221
|Original chq was for £2,515.00. VH then sent through the invoice and a new cheque was written for less|
|003221||Hilton Village Hall||Boiler Repairs contribution||2,495.00|
|003222||D Townsend||Locum Clerk wages, postage and travel expenses||303.70|
|003223||Hilton Village Hall||Room Hire Hilton PC and HNDPG||87.46|
|003224||Aucuba Landscapes Ltd||Spike 2 x football pitches||185.64|
|003226||Zurich Municipal||Van Insurance||628.30|
|003227||Sterilizing Services Ltd||Water Testing – Back Lane Pavilion, office and garage||68.39|
|003229||Yee Group Ltd||Fire Extinguisher and Fire Blanket service||57.60|
|003230||R Massey and Son||Cutting Pliers and 2 rolls of wire netting for the guttering on the Parish Council Office||67.47|
|Card||Inchcape Toyota||Van Service||185.00|
- Payments by BACS for Salaries, Tax, NIC’s, Expenses, Pension – including Chq 003228 for the Inland Revenue.
Salaries, Tax NICs, Expenses etc £5,979.31
NEST Staff Pension £449.06
- Approval of the Accounts from 01.04.2017 to 29.12.2017
Balance as at 31.12.2017
Cash in hand 498.00
Current Account 467.39
Reserve Account 66,878.35
Less unpresented Chq’s (3575.15)
|143||03/07/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||190.00|
|144||03/07/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – office||81.00|
|145||14/07/2017||DD||Brobot Petroleum Ltd||Petrol||17.41|
|154||27/07/2017||DD||Swinton Insurance||Van Insurance||274.77|
|155||26/07/2017||CARD||T W Wholesales Ltd||Various items||86.33|
|156||31/07/2017||DD||Toyota||Van Lease Agreement||239.24|
|157||01/08/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||190.00|
|158||01/08/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – office||81.00|
|162||10/08/2017||DD||UK Fuels Ltd||Fuel for the van||57.31|
|167||29/08/2017||DD||Swinton Insurance||Van Insurance||274.77|
|173||31/08/2017||DD||Toyota||Van Lease Agreement||239.24|
|174||01/09/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||190.00|
|175||01/09/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – office||81.00|
|177||11/09/2017||DD||UK Fuels Ltd||Fuel for the van||18.58|
|184||27/09/2017||DD||Swinton Insurance||Van Insurance||274.77|
|185||19/09/2017||CARD||Garden King||Edging spade||25.00|
|220||02/10/2017||DD||Toyota||Van Lease Agreement||239.24|
|221||02/10/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||190.00|
|222||02/10/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – office||81.00|
|223||05/10/2017||DD||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||HR Support||100.00|
|224||10/10/2017||DD||UK Fuels Ltd||Fuel for the van||20.34|
|232||23/10/2017||DD||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||HR Support||120.00|
|233||27/10/2017||DD||Swinton Insurance||Van Insurance||274.77|
|234||31/10/2017||DD||Toyota||Van Lease Agreement||239.24|
|235||01/11/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||190.00|
|236||01/11/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – office||81.00|
|237||10/11/2017||DD||UK Fuels Ltd||Fuel for the van||58.38|
|238||22/11/2017||DD||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||HR Support||120.00|
|239||27/11/2017||DD||Swinton Insurance||Van Insurance||274.77|
|245||14/06/2017||dd||Brobot Petroleum Ltd||Petrol||18.96|
|246||10/08/2017||DD||UK Fuels Ltd||Petrol||19.63|
|247||10/11/2017||DD||UK Fuels Ltd||Petrol||20.87|
|262||20/12/2017||003220||Inland Revenue||Tax and NICs||1,627.13|
|263||20/12/2017||003221||Hilton Village Hall||Boiler Repairs contribution||2,495.00|
|264||30/11/2017||DD||Toyota||Van Lease Agreement||239.24|
|265||01/12/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – Back Lane Pavilion||267.00|
|266||01/12/2017||DD||Eon||Electricity – PC Office||92.00|
|268||19/12/2017||DD||Toyota||Road fund license increase||10.00|
|274||22/12/2017||DD||Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd||HR Support||120.00|
|26||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||18/07/2017||026||75.00|
|27||AFC HILTON||Football Pitch Hire||18/07/2017||027||79.00|
|28||Hilton Harriers||Football Pitch Hire||18/07/2017||028||46.00|
|29||Little Stars||Astro Turf Hire||18/07/2017||029||50.00|
|30||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||Astro Turf Hire||18/07/2017||030||100.00|
|31||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||18/07/2017||031||50.00|
|33||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||Astro Turf Hire||07/08/2017||033||100.00|
|34||AFC HILTON||Football Pitch Hire||07/08/2017||034||12.00|
|35||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||15/08/2017||035||100.00|
|36||Little Stars||Astro Turf Hire||16/08/2017||036||40.00|
|37||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||25/08/2017||037||50.00|
|38||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||Astro Turf Hire||30/08/2017||038||125.00|
|39||AFC HILTON||Football Pitch Hire||03/10/2017||039||55.00|
|40||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||03/10/2017||040||50.00|
|41||South Derbyshire District Council||Precept||07/07/2017||041||100,190.00|
|42||Name Removed||Football Pitch Hire||23/10/2017||042||23.00|
|43||KINGS HEAD FC||Football Pitch Hire||23/10/2017||043||23.00|
|44||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||Astro Turf Hire||06/10/2017||044||100.00|
|45||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||09/10/2017||045||125.00|
|46||Little Stars||Astro Turf Hire||09/10/2017||040||40.00|
|47||AFC HILTON||Football Pitch Hire||02/11/2017||047||129.00|
|49||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||16/11/2017||049||250.00|
|50||Rocester FC||Astro Turf Hire||28/11/2017||050||26.00|
|51||Name Removed||Astro Turf Hire||28/11/2017||051||125.00|
|53||JOHN PORT OLD BOYS||Astro Turf Hire||14/11/2017||053||78.00|
|54||Little Stars||Astro Turf Hire||20/11/2017||054||30.00|
- Final approval/ratification of the Budget for 2018/2019 and the Setting of the Precept for 2018/2019
- To increase the staff salaries by 2% for all staff as of 01.04.2018 as per the National Joint Council Agreement. (Lengthsman, Groundsman, Clerk)
- To accept the budget allocation for the new Lengthsman/Groundsman on the same rate of pay as the current Lengthsman to be advertised shortly.
- To keep the postage arrangements as they currently are in relation to the P O Box number.
- To include £200.00 for a new website.
- To reduce the Chairs allowance to £150.00 from £500.00
- To add £600.00 to cover room hire of the Parish Council meetings and any forums going forward
- Agree to go out to tender during 2018/2019 for the following:
- Ground Maintenance for example the Village Hall site, Roma’s Garden etc, including the annual hedge cutting and football pitch maintenance, all work currently undertaken by Aucuba Landscapes Ltd
- Obtain quotes to see if money can be saved in relation to our trade waste and green waste collections
- To have a commercial bin for green waste only, this will save on having a contractor removing such material, which in the long run will be more cost effective.
- To leave the Grants and Donation budget at £3,000.00 for the financial year 2018/2019 but review the criteria for the grants.
- The contingency and emergency item budget to be £38,000.00 instead of 15% of the current precept.
- Not to budget for an admin assistant to help the Clerk at this stage, an agreement was made that Councillors need to do more to help the Clerk, this can be reviewed again later in the year.
- Members allowance/expenses to remain in the budget to be reviewed later in the year.
- Not to lease a printer and maintenance contract including paper and ink as the costs far outweigh the current costs for 2017/2018.
- Training costs to be increased to support Councillor training and weed spraying training for the Groundsman
- To increase the equipment and PPE budget to £3,000.00 to account for machine service and repairs.
- Not to purchase company tablets for the Councillors to use on Council Business
- To continue with the contract with Personal Advice Solutions for HR Support of £100.00 ex vat per month.
- To add a budget for the new General Data Protection Regulations coming into force in May 2018 of £1,200.00
- To allocate £50,000.00 to the budget to save towards the refurbishment of The Mease Pavilion car park.
- To add the difference in the budget of £6,798.00 to complete the clock project as a funder or sponsor could not be found.
- To ratify £9,000.00 for the refurbishment of the kitchen at The Mease Pavilion which has already been agreed.
- To ratify £1,020.00 to the budget for the Summer Sportsmobile which has already been previously agreed.
- To purchase under misc maintenance a grit bin for the Parish Council Car Park and 1 tone of grit in 25kg bags ready for winter 2018/2019.
- To add a budget of £2,500.00 for the Neighbourhood Development Plan Group.
- To include the basketball net as part of the Adventure Play and Gym Equipment project, with no further budget added, the Parish Council currently has £14,978.99 already ringfenced in the 2017/2018 Accounts towards this project. Approval to obtain grant funding if possible for this project and confirmation of which Councillor will be responsible to look for funders and complete the application forms.
- To approve the rest of the budget as set by the Finance Committee at their meeting on 18.01.2018.
- To approve the Precept be set at £172,000.00 for the financial year 2018/2019.
- To ratify a change in the bank account from Santander to Unity Trust with immediate effect including internet banking and charge card provision.
- To approve the bank charges received over the Christmas and New Year Period.
- To ratify the Clerks expenses for the purchase of 2 wall planners, cut keys, screws for the reinstallation of John and Roma Walton’s bench and postage paid.
- To ratify the payments of the Insurance for the van so that the van remained road legal and the Hilton Village Hall Room Hire so the Parish Council were not charged the 20% surcharge for late payment.
- Items for Information
- Thank you, letter, addressed to the Chair from The Hilton Village Hall Committee thanking the Parish Council for the donation to fix the boiler
- DCC – Mobile Library Routes until 20.4.2018
- Rural Action Derbyshire – National Village Halls Week 22nd-28th January 2018
- Clerk & Council Direct Magazine – January 2018
- SDDC – Orchard Windfalls Fund Grants
- DCC – Graffiti Removal program – sites belonging to private companies or private individuals cannot be included in this project
- Personal Advice & Solutions Ltd – Employment News update November 2017
- Email Notification of External Audit Appointment for the 2017/2018 Financial Year
- Eon – Smart Meter Anniversary update on what data is collected
- SDDC – Adoption of two supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
- Sterilizing Service’s – Legionella check certificated for the Back Lane Pavilion and Parish Council Office and Garage
- Planning Matters for Decision
- 9/2017/1388 6 MILL LANE HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5GP – THE ERECTION OF AN EXTENSION AND ALTERATION
- 9/2017/1330 25 SHADY GROVE HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5FX – THE ERECTION OF EXTENSIONS AND ALTERATION TO INCLUDING A DETACHED GARAGE
- 9/2017/1315 ALDI FOOD STORE LTD HUNTSPILL ROAD HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE DE65 5HD – THE VARIATION OF CONDITION 11 OF PLANNING PERMISSION REF: 9/2016/0010 (RELATING TO RETROSPECTIVE APPLICATION TO VARY CONDITION 15 OF PLANNING PERMISSION REF: 9/2012/0505) TO READ: “NOTWITHSTANDING THE SUBMITTED DETAILS, FROM THE DATE OF THIS PERMISSION, THE CUSTOMER CAR PARK ACCESS SHALL BE CLOSED USING BARRIERS OUTSIDE STORE OPENING OR DELIVERY HOURS”,
- 9/2017/1299 LAND AT SK2529 6888 EGGINTON ROAD HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE – APPROVAL OF RESERVED MATTERS FOR LANDSCAPING (PART) ACCESS (PART, SECONDARY), LAYOUT (PART) FOR ENABLING WORKS PURSUANT TO OUTLINE PLANNING PERMISSION REF: 9/2013/1044
- 9/2017/1293 LAND AT SK2430 7995 DERBY ROAD HILTON DERBY DERBYSHIRE – OUTLINE APPLICATION (ALL MATTERS EXCEPT FOR ACCESS TO BE RESERVED) FOR THE RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF UPTO 45 DWELLINGS TOGETHER WITH OPEN SPACE AND LANDSCAPING –Extension for the Parish Council to comment granted to 02.02.2017
- To consider a resolution under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) to exclude members of the Public.
- Email Correspondence/complaints update
- Date of the next meeting
The date of the next monthly Hilton Parish Council Meeting is to be confirmed as 28th February 2018 at Hilton Village Hall commencing at 7pm.