Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting of Hilton Parish Council
held at the Village Hall, Hilton at 7.00 pm
on Wednesday 29 May 2019
You are summoned to attend the Meeting of Hilton Parish Council
to be held on Wednesday 29th May 2019 at 7.30 pm at Hilton Village Hall.
Chairman of the Parish Council
23 May 2019
- Completion of the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- To receive apologies for absence
- Variation of the Order of Business
- Declaration of Members’ Interests
To declare any Personal and Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- Public Speaking.
a) At the start of the meeting a period of not more than fifteen minutes will be made available for members of the public and members of the Council to comment on any matter already on the agenda.
b) If the Police Liaison Officer, a County Council or District Council Member is in attendance they will be given the opportunity to raise any relevant matter. Members of the Council however will restrict Police matters they raise to those relating to their Council Ward.
c) Members declaring a prejudicial interest who wish to make representation or give evidence under the Code of Conduct relating to Agenda items shall do so at this stage.
- Election of Committees and their Terms of Reference for the year 2019/2020
Finance Committee – All Councillors. (Clerk/RFO also to attend). Terms of reference – The Finance Committee have delegated powers to discuss the Annual Precept and Budget Setting process and put proposals forward to a full Parish Council meeting for a final decision to be made. The Quorum for the Finance Committee Meeting is 3 Councillors.
- Removal of Planning Committee and Complaints Committee
- Change of status of Hilton, Marston, Hoon Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
The Steering Group will become a Working Group and no longer a committee of the parish council.
- Variation of Standing Orders
- Review of Policies and Procedures
- Creation of Working Groups to consider changes to policies and procedures. To report back at the next Council Meeting.
- Election of Representatives to other Bodies for the year 2019/2020
- Etwall Area Meeting and Safer Neighbourhoods – 1 member of Hilton Parish Council to be agreed
- Toyota Liaison – Chair and Vice Chair to be confirmed
- The Mease Management Committee – 1 member of Hilton Parish Council to be agreed
- Marston on Dove Relief in Need Charity – 1 Member of Hilton Parish Council to be agreed • Flood Liaison – 1 member of Hilton Parish Council to be agreed
- DCC – Parish and Town Liaison Forum – 1 member of Hilton Parish Council to be agreed
- SDDC – Joint Meeting with Parish Councils – 1 member of Hilton Parish Council to be agreed
- To confirm the minutes of the Hilton Parish Council Meeting held on 30 April 2019.
- To confirm the minutes of the Hilton Parish Council Annual Meeting held on 15 May 2019
- Ratification of cancellation of PO Box, Registration of address of Parish Council Office and purchase of letterbox. – Cllr Campion to report
- Letter from Resident re; dog poo bag bottle dispensers – Cllr Campion to report
- Outstanding Section 137 grant applications deferred from February meeting
- Hilton Village Hall – replace small door and fell two trees
- Hilton Dog Walking Group – Advertising
- Hilton Youth Group – various
- Proposal for recruitment of clerk
- Proposal for new website, Facebook page and Notice Boards – Cllr Davies to report
- Neighbourhood Development Planning
- Clerk’s Report – None to this meeting.
- Finance Report – Cllr Pollard to report
Summary of Expenses
Summary of Receipts
Statement on the cash/bank position is:
Cash in hand £ 1132
This has been reconciled to the bank statement as at 21 May 2019.
- Ratification that £30,000 of funds is earmarked for the Scout Hut extension, as per PC minutes 25th January 2017 and signing of Veolia funding forms.
- A permanent reserve of £20,000 to be earmarked in case of a delay in receipt of the precept. This is based on 3 months of essential/committed costs.
- A cash flow forecast will be presented for information
- Proposal to remove the need for staff to use time cards and clock in every day.
22. Planning Matters for Decision.
- a) 9/2019/0379 – The Mandarin Chinese Restaurant land adjacent to Egginton Road – Approval of reserved matters for 34 dwellings
- b) 9/2019/04129 – Land at SK2430 7995 Derby Road – Approval of reserved matters for 45 dwellings
23. Date of the next meeting.
7.00pm on 26th June 2019 at the Hilton Village Hall
HILTON PARISH – NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Parish Meeting will be held
at Hilton Village Hall on Wednesday 29th May 2019.
The meeting will commence at 7.00 pm.
- Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence.
To confirm the Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held in April 2018.
- Chairman’s Report
To receive the Chairman’s report for the year ending 31 March 2019.
- Financial Matters
To receive a report on the Accounts for the Year Ending 31 March 2019.
- Matters raised by electors
To consider any matters raised by electors.
The Parish Meeting is an opportunity for parishioners on the Electoral Roll to raise any matters of concern to them that relates to their local community. It would be helpful to have written notice of any matters to be raised but it is not essential. Matters can be raised at the meeting without prior notice.
Chairman of the Parish Council
23 May 2019